PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my wife

hoosierlogger
06-08-2016, 10:49 AM

Ladies and gents, I am asking you to keep my wife in your prayers. Last week I was injured at work by a falling tree. I cut a big white oak at the base of a hill. It fell as intended. On its way to the ground it unbeknownst to me brushed a smaller tree standing slightly infront and to the right of it breaking some to the rotted roots. I walked to the top of the tree as normal trimming limbs and knots preparing it to be taken to the mill. I was about to the cut off point when the next thing I know I am lying on the ground folded up and in lots of pain. The smaller tree fell and hit me mostly in the back. It knocked me out from under my hardhat, busted a $1,300 chainsaw, and gashed my left arm open pretty bad. My partner arrived in the skidder to find me on the ground. He quickly ran down the hill and helped me off of the ground and got me seated on the log. We had no cell service there so I told him to go get the truck to take me to the hospital. I started blacking out, but never lost consciousness. I knew he wouldn't be ably to carry me thru the brush if I did pass out, so I got up and walked thru the tops to the skid trail. Once I got there I started crawling to the top of the hill dragging my very painful left foot behind. He got me in the truck and I kept asking him what I was sitting on. It literally felt like there was a wadded up winter coat between the seat and my back. He said there is nothing there that's a lump on your back.

We get to the hospital, get morphine, ct scans, and X-rays. Dr comes in tells me I have 2 broken bones in my lower lumbar area of my back and 4 broken bones in my foot, but it doesn't look like there is any internal damage to my organs. Fast forward to surgery. 2 hours of surgery resulted in 4 rods in my foot, 2 pins, a plate, and a handful of screws patching up the foot. Doc said the back will heal up on its own since I'll be off my feet for so long he opts not to do anything with it at this point.

Boss came in a couple days later and told me about the rotten roots on the tree. He said that if I had been a few inches back from where I was standing things would have been worse. The road to recovery is a 6 month process. My wife is going to have a hard time keeping up with her normal everyday household duties, school, 2 kids ect. Now she has my duties added to her.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We damn sure need it.

jmort
06-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Praying especially for your wife as requested, but for you, and your family.

Preacher Jim
06-08-2016, 11:05 AM
praying for you recovery to be complete and for the Lord to comfort your wife through this time of stress. Also praying for you to remember how hard this time is on her and comfort her with kind words.

Boaz
06-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I'll be praying for you and your family . Please keep us updated on your progress .

MrWolf
06-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Prayers sent. Being in pain stinks. Get better.

rancher1913
06-08-2016, 01:35 PM
prayers sent. this place works miricles, just don't push yourself to much, you need rest and lots of arnica gel, its what got me through.

Pine Baron
06-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Prayers sent for speedy recovery for you and patience for your wife.

jcren
06-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Prayers sent, don't be afraid to let us know if we can help in any other way.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Prayin' for you and your family.

That's a heck of a way to get off work, eh?

NSB
06-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Prayer's sent my friend. I know you're in pain but it could have been worse. A good friend of mine had a similar thing happen to him about fifteen years ago and when the secondary tree hit him on the back it broke his back. They found him sitting on the ground but he'd passed away. His spine was badly broken. Hope all goes well in your recovery. I believe God was already watching over you here.

Blackwater
06-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Gee whiz, logger! You'll surely be in my prayers, and your wife and family too. My son was shot once in an accident. Someone told him while in the hospital that he was lucky because it just barely got under the skin. His retort? "Lucky!!! If I'd been lucky, it would have missed me!" And from that point on, nobody tried to convince him he'd been lucky, even though it really COULD have been worse. We just deal with what happens. It's really all we can do. Hope your pain level goes away quickly, and those bones mend well. Just take it easy as much as you can and don't challenge what the doc did. Loggers tend to be VERY independent and daring types, but this is one place where that is out of place. Besides, you've probably earned a little pampering for at least a short while. Get well soon.

trys357
06-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Praying for you and your family.

hoosierlogger
06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. We all appreciate it. I did have a job I had to do today, daughter locked both sets of van keys in the van. I got to go out and wedge the door open with timbr felling wedges, and hook the lock button with a coat hanger. Not exactly daring and exciting, but it got me outside.

Houndog
06-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Prayin for your speedy recovery and for your family.
Houndog

Artful
06-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Prays for your wife and family and for you to have a full recovery.

buckwheatpaul
06-08-2016, 10:23 PM
hoosierlogger, While your injuries are major, the good Lord was watching over because as your partner said if you were not where you were when you were hurt your injuries would have been much worse.

Father, I come to You to ask for grace, healing, and comfort for hoosierlogger. Heal him and return him to his old self prior to his injuries. Please take not only his fears away but his wife's as well. Please walk with them and keep them safe during his time of healing. Bring them unto You and show them Your love. AMEN

Bodydoc447
06-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Prayers for all lifted up.

DLCTEX
06-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Praying for you, her, and all concerned.

Spruce
06-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Prayers sent for you and your family.

square butte
06-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Prayers for you both are sent up

randyrat
06-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Prayers for you, wife and family.

That reminds me, no more will I cut trees down for friends, I'm not doing it anymore..I still have night mares thinking about heights. I'm no logger and refuse to risk my life anymore. That is very dangerous work.

lightman
06-09-2016, 08:09 AM
I'll put you and your family in our prayers. Glad you were not injured more seriously and hope you recover quickly.

USMC87
06-09-2016, 08:34 AM
I have been in your shoes before, May 11, 1995 I was a clear cutter around the mines. I was bent over cutting a big red oak when the other cutter dropped a maple on me, It hit me over the left ear. When I came to I was about 15 feet down from my saw, My skull was fractured and bled out my ear, I was soaked with blood to my left waist. The guy who hit me killed himself with a tree 22 days later. I returned to work 2 years later as a heavy equipment op. and started having seizures due to the head injury. Hang in there and know that it will get better, The hard thing for me was not being able to work. Your family will be added to our prayer list, God has surely been merciful to you by sparing your life! God sends things our way to draw us closer to him!

w5pv
06-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
06-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Lord please knit those bones quickly and heal the other damage. Stop the itch under those bandages and comfort our brother and his wife. Provide for his needs and the family.
Amen

shoot-n-lead
06-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Prayer sent.

Blackwater
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Amen to USMC's post! We never seem to be able to find the assets in it when misfortune strikes us, but he's right. We don't generally even WANT to see what he's talking about, but later, it'll become much clearer, if we just do a little thinking on it when we're far from the actual events. Nothing is more humbling than not being able to go and make our regular chosen living. How could this NOT bring us closer to God, and make us more reverent and thankful for all we have? And how else could we become examples, if we just will, for others who lack faith, when they're struck down like this?

It's never what happens to us in life that matters, so much as it is what we do and how we handle it. Are you getting any better yet, or is the pain increasing temporarily? I'm guessing the latter. You're still in our prayers. It's so hard on you and everyone around you to be down like this, but I'm so glad it wasn't any worse! Take care, keep the faith, and appreciate that family you have. They're really golden in these things, and these things surely make us appreciate that fact.

hoosierlogger
06-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Are you getting any better yet, or is the pain increasing temporarily? I'm guessing the latter. You're still in our prayers. It's so hard on you and everyone around you to be down like this, but I'm so glad it wasn't any worse! Take care, keep the faith, and appreciate that family you have. They're really golden in these things, and these things surely make us appreciate that fact.

Things are improving. I still have substantial bruising around my belt line. There is still a lump on my back, but the pain in subsiding. The foot is not as bothersome as it was just a few short days ago. I certainly do appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We have a great group of friends and neighbor's that have been helping Melanie and I with the chores both inside and out of the house.
god bless each and every one of you!

thanks again guys!

buckwheatpaul
06-10-2016, 01:30 PM
hoosierlogger, Thanks for the update. Glad you are improving....stay with it brother.

Father, Thank You for the beginning healing for hoosierlogger. Please continue to strengthen him and allow him to return to normal function. Father, thank You for being with him a few days ago when hoosierlogger was injured. Thank You for minimizing his injuries. Father, I ask this in Your Name. Amen

Pine Baron
06-10-2016, 03:50 PM
^Amen^

castalott
06-11-2016, 05:42 AM
Sincere Prayers for Her and You. Sincere Prayers for Hope, Faith, Healing, Help, Mercy, Love , Forgiveness , and Strength.

Dale

Boaz
06-11-2016, 06:00 AM
Please provide healing and help for this family . Be with them all during this hard time . Thank you for the help already given as hoosierlogger recovers through your care . Thank you for your help Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

Artful
06-15-2016, 12:37 AM
Glad to hear things are going well and your getting the help you need, Prayers continuing.

Blackwater
06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Prayers continue for you and family. Have you tried suspenders to take at least a portion of the discomfort out of it? Or would they be even worse? Keep hanging in there. Down time is something the best among us have a real hard time with, but in everything, there are lessons in God's great love. Hope you're handling it all as well as an active man can. The waiting to heal can be a real burden to bear.

buckwheatpaul
06-15-2016, 02:38 PM
hoosierlogger, Hope that this week is much improved over last.....hang in there brother!

Father, hoosierlogger had a pretty good week last week thanks to Your intervention. Please continue to heal him physically and take all concerns away concerning his injury. Father walk with him and his wife and show them that You are always there for them. AMEN

Clay M
06-15-2016, 03:11 PM
It is very thoughtful of you to think mostly of your wife at a time like this. I respect that in a man.
I pray for your recovery and easy of pain, and also for your wife. I work from time to time with chainsaws and farm equipment and know how easy it is to get hurt. All my best wishes for your speedy recovery and no lasting effects.

Preacher Jim
06-15-2016, 04:03 PM
H. Logger you and Melanie are on my church prayer list. Thank you for updates. And you know what I said, it still goes.

hoosierlogger
06-16-2016, 06:34 AM
Prayers continue for you and family. Have you tried suspenders to take at least a portion of the discomfort out of it? Or would they be even worse?

The bruising around the belt line is still there, but it is slowly fading away. The lumps of liquid on my back are slowly subsiding, they feel really weird. Not really painful, just an inconvienience to sit against a backrest on a chair or the van seat. The only tender spot left is along the top of my back along the shoulders. Suspenders would probably irritate this area. I've just been wearing mesh gym shorts that have a good drawstring.

So so far so good, ive got an appt with the surgeon tomorrow in Indianapolis.

hoosierlogger
06-16-2016, 06:35 AM
H. Logger you and Melanie are on my church prayer list. Thank you for updates. And you know what I said, it still goes.
Thanks again Jim, and your congregation as well as everyone here.

Boaz
06-16-2016, 06:56 AM
Thank you for allowing us to pray . I hope the doctor has good news for you and still praying .

buckwheatpaul
06-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a good report for what could have been very much worse!

Father, I offer up Hoosierlogger for healing and comfort. Thank You for what You have done in his healing up to this point. Please walk with him and help him continue to improve. Please guide his doctors, nurses and therapists in the direction of total healing. AMEN

Victor N TN
06-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Quiet prayers said for you both. My wife and I know some of what you are going through.

rl69
08-08-2016, 09:43 PM
How's everything going? Are you back up and runing? For some reason you popped into my head?

daniel lawecki
08-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Prayers sent I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Blackwater
08-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Amen. We don't forget folks after the crisis is over. Sometimes the hardest part is the healing and recuperation. Prayers up for you all again.