PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Systems 3010S

KCSO
06-07-2016, 08:16 PM
I was given a D/S 3010S electronic scale and powder dispenser...good news. I did not get any instructions with the darn thing...bad news. Now where to go from here, if anyone has any ideas let me know or if anyone has one and can help or bottom line if anyone wants one?

Mk42gunner
06-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Never heard of that brand; but from what I read, you need to plug most of the electronic scales in and let them stabilize before taking any reading seriously. It also seems to help if you keep them away from florescent lights.

Myself, for measuring powder, I think I will stay with gravity; it is a law after all. I do think they would be nice for segregating projectiles by weight, but I don't usually do that.

Robert

KCSO
06-09-2016, 11:21 AM
So far I have found nothing, the company is out of business and no one seems to have instructions and this thing has a ton of buttons all with code. It's back to the Lyman 55 for me!

Bent Ramrod
06-09-2016, 12:19 PM
KCSO,

Does it resemble any of the RCBS, Lyman, Hornady, etc., offerings? You could maybe extrapolate from the instructions for the closest copy.

I must confess that I do not use (or comprehend) most of the "features" on my RCBS dispenser. I only got as far as "Calibrate" and "Set Charge." There should be a "CAL" button and a "SET" button somewhere in the plethora of pad buttons on your device. Mine calls for one weight, then two weights, and then the Calibration is good to go. Setting a given charge is pretty intuitive. The rest of the buttons seem to be for programming, storing and retrieving stored settings. These I don't use; I just set a new (or the same) charge each time as needed.

Yours was, after all, a freebie. Put some reasonably granular or ball powder (avoid flake until the static prone plastic is nice and graphited up) in the hopper and try some stuff. You won't be out anything but a little time.

I used my other scale for a while to confirm charge weights because I distrusted electronic scales in the "trickle up" mode. They tended to sit on a reading and then jump to a much higher one. But the unit on the RCBS seems to work in this way, and I trust it now.

If time saved is your goal, the Lyman 55 is the way to go. A dispenser takes exactly as much time as you would trickling up the charges. I only use mine when I want a lot of weighed charges for load development, or the last full measure of accuracy potential for matches.

Docins
10-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Just seen your post. I have the instructions for this scale. i will try and see if they can be sent to you via message

ATV Tech
10-15-2019, 10:34 AM
I would appreciate instructions for this unit as well (DS 3010) if anybody has them.
I acquired this same unit from my late Father and would like to know how to use it.
Thanks to all.

kjohn
11-04-2019, 06:00 PM
I would appreciate instructions for this unit as well (DS 3010) if anybody has them.
I acquired this same unit from my late Father and would like to know how to use it.
Thanks to all.

I just got one of these in a bunch of stuff. It is still packed in the original packing. Let me know if you need the instructions and I will get them to you via internet.

Ken JOHNSTON aka kjohn

dbosman
11-05-2019, 10:47 PM
kjohn, I would encourage you to scan these and upload them to castpics.net.

Burrhead40
02-21-2020, 11:03 PM
I have the model 3010s scale and have had it for many years but I have no idea where the owners manual got off to. If anyone has the manual and could send it to me, it would greatly be appreciated!