PDA

View Full Version : Am I looking for the wrong thing?

Wayne Smith
06-06-2016, 08:52 PM
I have been searching eBay (on and off) for over a year looking for a Lyman J type shell holder #12 which my information says should fit 9mmPara. I would have thought that would have been one of the more common ones, but haven't found one listed at all. Am I looking for the wrong # (information wrong) or are they that uncommon?

Earl Brasse
06-06-2016, 09:06 PM
From my sources, yes Lyman #12.

3 have sold on e-bay since April $10-$28

jimkim
06-07-2016, 03:59 AM
There is a guy on FB selling some. He's in the Reloading Central group. I just checked again. No 12. Sorry, maybe someone can use one of the other ones.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
06-07-2016, 07:48 AM
As a psychologist I have refused FB since it's inception. Way too available and I don't want my clients to have easy access to me - I want them to learn to deal with their problems without me. With every client my goal is to do myself out of the job!

I guess I just have to be more consistent on eBay.

Walter Laich
06-07-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm sure you have considered this: J to X Shellholder Adapter

found it on the Lyman website and might not even work for you come to think of it

Green Frog
06-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Wayne, you may also be able to get a #23 to work... if the manufacturing tolerances stack up in the right direction and you hold your mouth just right.

Your phriend the phrog

W.R.Buchanan
06-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Wayne: I sent out your 3 bushings yesterday. you should have them before the end of the week.

Just slide them on the Shank of the shell holder, insert into 5/8 hole in the Press, and install the nut on the bottom. You be fine.

Randy

jimkim
06-07-2016, 05:50 PM
As a psychologist I have refused FB since it's inception. Way too available and I don't want my clients to have easy access to me - I want them to learn to deal with their problems without me. With every client my goal is to do myself out of the job!

I guess I just have to be more consistent on eBay.
This is why I have an acct with my name as it would have been in Scotland before Robert the Bruce killed one of my ancestors. I also have the acct, my relatives use, set to private, and I don't get messages from anyone except friends. I was wondering, how hard it would be to lap one out that was close? Probably would be a lot of work, if we didn't have power tools.

EDG
06-08-2016, 02:34 PM
My family name is unusual and is Gaelic in origin - you know the folks that were there before it was Scotland. My given name is also unusual making me one of a kind on this planet so my FB account name is derived from a ecological region of my state. It is a observation account only. I do not interact with anyone and no one this side of the NSA knows about the account. I get zero messages.

This is why I have an acct with my name as it would have been in Scotland before Robert the Bruce killed one of my ancestors. I also have the acct, my relatives use, set to private, and I don't get messages from anyone except friends. I was wondering, how hard it would be to lap one out that was close? Probably would be a lot of work, if we didn't have power tools.

W.R.Buchanan
06-09-2016, 10:44 PM
The last one of my direct Buchanan ancestors got killed in a Sword fight in 1627. So since then I guess the rest of us are all just a bunch of ********. [smilie=w:

Randy