PDA

View Full Version : The Truth

Boaz
06-05-2016, 04:23 PM
There is one truth , only one . When you seek it. Recognize it . Consider it . Accept it . Live it .

John 18 ; 35-38

35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

John 14 ; 16

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

thadfz
06-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Amen!!! One of my favorites.

I say quite often, " there is but one Truth. It's not an idea, or a thing, but something real; someone real, and His name is Jesus Christ."

Usually ends the conversation, but I don't care. I won't be ashamed to speak of my Lord!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackwater
06-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I've always found it so very interesting how he answered Pilate without giving Pilate the excuses he so dearly wanted in the case. He outsmarted Pilate, who was apparently only wanting the problem resolved, lest HE be put on trial for being "too lenient." It's as though the crucifixion HAD to take place, even though nobody could prove anything on Jesus, until he said, "I am, finally," at which point, the crucifixion was assured. Christ played them all like violins! And then, simply laid down his life, willingly. How much clearer could it really be?

Boaz
06-06-2016, 06:18 AM
You would expect no less from Christ . He fulfilled his propose with complete perfection .

Blackwater
06-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Amen. And people STILL doubt Him!

buckwheatpaul
06-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Christ is incapable of telling a lie. Yet he was put to death to save us. It is amazing how the truth can be manipulated by those unethical people with their hidden agendas....namely the Sanhedrin .... the priests were terrified of him and they fulfilled the prophesy. I have always said the a half-truth was a lie....this passage is a very powerful example of that. Thanks Boaz and thank you for your post.

Boaz
06-06-2016, 08:03 AM
There is no difference between the Sanhedrin and our government / many of our people . To believe and accept the one and only truth forces them to accept Christ himself . In his own time the government , church , people all called out for his crucifixion . They thought their base desires were threatened . They thought they could kill him . He still lives .

USMC87
06-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Amen Boaz, Yes our Govt is exactly like the Sanhedrin.

Pine Baron
06-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Oh great! Now I have to look up "Sanhedrin". I'm just a simple man with a simple faith. It took me a long time to get "simple".
Thanks Boaz, The "truth" will truly set us free.

pmer
06-07-2016, 08:00 AM
To me the Sanhedrin is a more of a religious court/government with the power of law. Not quite the representative republic we have that is more separate from religion.

I sometimes think the leaders of the time when Jesus was a man in the 30's AD were a bunch of idiots or bent on power. That leaves me with some hate or lack of forgiveness for what happened. They might have been to some extent but their roles in life were cast in old testament prophecy with out much choice on their part. Think of the contrast of Jonah asking to be thrown over board.

Another big contrast I think about is difference between Judas and Peter in those hours. It's all sin, weather you pound the spike or swing the cat or use the tongue, if you think or act darkly there is no light in you but Peter repented and was saved while Judas was done in.

Blackwater
06-07-2016, 08:19 AM
There's an awful lot of poignant wisdom and principles in these posts. Thanks to all of you. Great post, Boaz.