PDA

View Full Version : Lead available at the local scrap yard in CA!

SciFiJim
06-04-2016, 03:16 PM
For anyone in the Porterville CA area, or anyone willing to drive to it.

In getting ready to move out of state, I hauled a bunch of scrap to the local yard today. They have a bin mostly full of lead available for a quoted 40¢/lb. In the bin were several buckets of wheel weights, some sheet lead and lead pipe, and several large round ingots that the lady said were from someone who had rendered range lead. It looked to me like easily more than 1k pounds of stuff. If you have an interest, PM me and I will give you info. If I was staying in the area, I would have gotten it all, but am not willing to buy it and then move it out of state with me.

triggerhappy243
06-05-2016, 01:22 PM
40 cents a pound is a good haul especially for cal.

rancher1913
06-05-2016, 02:37 PM
If I was staying in the area, I would have gotten it all, but am not willing to buy it and then move it out of state with me.

that shows a real lack of determination on your part:kidding:

SciFiJim
06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
If I was staying in the area, I would have gotten it all, but am not willing to buy it and then move it out of state with me.

that shows a real lack of determination on your part:kidding:

:mrgreen: I currently have a little over a ton that I AM moving! My wife is already giving me the evil eye on what I have determined to take.

triggerhappy243
06-05-2016, 03:05 PM
where are you moving to? is lead readily available there?

SciFiJim
06-05-2016, 03:15 PM
where are you moving to? is lead readily available there?

I am moving to the San Antonio area. What I am already planning on hauling along will probably last me the rest of my shooting days.

On another note, I have two buckets of unsorted wheel weights at my home that I won't be taking. They are free for anyone in my area willing to pick them up. I will also list them the the helping hands and swappin and selling areas.

sargenv
06-15-2016, 09:38 AM
I wish I were closer to Porterville. :(

DerekP Houston
06-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Dang another California transplant coming to steal our lead fellas! JK if you're on this forum you'll fit in just fine. Leave them liberal policies at the state line though!

:kidding: