PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 6/4

rl69
06-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.1 Chronicles 29:11 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Pine Baron
06-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Thank you, rl, Amen

Blackwater
06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks, RL. Can't remember when I had the little epiphany, but realizing that what we often like to call "our world," is NOT ours at all, but His, was a life changer for me. It made an awful lot of things simply fall into place for me, and make sense, when thinking of this world as "ours" could never make them rational or sensible. And it still works that way, too. It's one of the things, I believe, that keeps deniers from ever having an accurate sense of what this world is all about, its purpose, our purpose, and why it all works as it does. It's truly an anchor to much understanding, I think, for any other view simply fails to explain much that we tend to want to think. Have almost finished reading a little book, "Seven Brief Lessons on Physics" by Carlo Rovelli, who is an Italian theoretical physicist and head of the Quantum Group at the Centre de Physique Theoritique of Aix-Marseille University and one of the founders of the loop quantum theory. In it, he pretty much stays away from implications of the divine, but in his section on Quantum theory, he slips and reveals his faith. He's got a wonderful sense of humor, and of awe and wonder at it all, and seems, at least from what I've read, to be very much like Einstein, and simply wanted to "better understand the mind of God."

I think most really good physicists HAVE to be believers, at least inside them. Were they not, how could they maintain the sense of awe and wonder necessary to sustain real theoretical efforts and thinking so necessary for what they do. We know some deny it, but I suspect some of them just lie, because they don't WANT to acknowledge what facts clearly indicate. And our wants will always be a part of our choices.

Truly, the beginning of wisdom seems to start with the simple realization of what you posted today. Thanks so much for what you do, my brother! It matters.