PDA

View Full Version : No more dry shooting!

buck1
10-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I bought a webley nemises pellet gun. The little thing shoots great!
I have always known that dry fireing is a good way to keep your shooten skills sharp. But I never enjoyed it. But this little jewl is the answer to that! Lots of fun too!
I also bought a crossman C02 pellet pistol. Its not near the quality of the webley, but it shoots good and only cost $50 at wally world.
I may get that little pellet trap and remelt................Do they even make .177 bullet/ pellet molds????? Heck that may be going just too far! ...Buck

Bret4207
10-23-2005, 08:45 AM
I think theres a guy making a bunch of different style pellets in moulds and swedges. I also think he's British. Try hitting the airgun sites and of course Google the item you're looking for. I really lean towards a swedges design for tisor better yet try a bulk buy on whatever works best in your guns. They aren't all that $$ to start with.

D.Mack
10-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Forget about either casting or swaging pelletts its a lot of work for a product that you can buy cheap, and probably can't compare to store bought. the trick is to try a large selection of various makers and styles. I assume your guns are .177, these come in various sizes,shapes and wieghts. for accuracy stick to pistol wadcutters. rifle ammo is heavier. My pistols prefer r.w.s. and fienwachbuew ( wrong spelling) blue cans, the yellow cans are for rifles, crossman comes in close behind, and be careful of the daisy's with the special coatings, as these can leave the special coating in your barrel and your groups can go south in a hurry. Also buy a can of felt wads for cleaning your barrel, just load two or three into your chamber and shoot if your accuracy seems to fall off. IIts the easiest way to clean a barrel, with no chance of scratching it, D.Mack

Bent Ramrod
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Buck1,

An outfit called LEM Moulds in England makes (or made) a .177 pointed hollowbase pellet mold. Beeman's or some equally full-service airgun company might import them. However, you would probably do better just buying pellets and practicing. What with getting the metal to flow into that teeny cavity, and getting the resultant slug out, casting even 100 pellets with this mold would be a drawn-out ordeal.

D.Mack
10-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I screwed up, when I mentioned fienwachbeau ( see still cant spell it) I should have said Miesterklugen, blue can. They are also sold as H and N match. At the 1993 nationals Sillouette a shooter next to me had bought a can from a well known shooter with his name on the label. after noting how similar our cans were, we peeled the label off, only to find another label, stating these were imported, by Beeman, the next two labels were H and N and the last was Miesterklugen. D.Mack

buck1
10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys!!!! ...Buck

Haywire Haywood
11-02-2005, 06:10 AM
To find out what pellet your gun likes without buying a whole can, go to Straightshooters.com and get their Sampler Pack. It is a plastic small parts tote like thing with 25 of every kind of pellet they sell all nicely seperated into different compartments.

Ian

9.3X62AL
11-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I have a RWS-52 in 25 caliber. This is one of their sidelever hunting-type rifles, and its 27 grain pellets run about 775 FPS. Mine likes the Crow Magnum hollowpoints, and these produce a satisfying THWOCK!! when they connect on the feathered freebooters they were named after. The pellets penetrate the wing completely and get to the software nicely, sometimes going through-and-through the mid-section. The rifle is pretty accurate--not to the level of my .177, but pretty close--and the effect on critters is a lot more decisive.

The pre-charged pneumatics and other tech upgrades have really left the RWS-52 in the dust, power-wise. Still, the rifle does fine work on small vermin to 35-40 yards, so for a backyard pest dispatcher it fits my needs nicely.

I won't be trying to cast or swage my own pellets--they're pretty cheap, and life is too short for the complications the process would produce.

gregg
11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Which Mod. of a webley????