PDA

View Full Version : Heck ! Just because I like it .

Boaz
06-02-2016, 05:40 PM
How does it make you feel to see a person giving his life to Christ !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

duckey
06-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Goose bumps

Blackwater
06-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Yeah, same here. Around here, creeks were often used for baptismals. They were a little safer than the river, which was often swift, and some who couldn't swim actually drowned being baptized. It was rare, but happened occasionally. And of course, nobody made them. IIRC, somewhere in the catacombs of my memory, once a preacher and the person being baptized both drowned. The story was that the one being baptized couldn't swim, they got caught in the current, the one being baptized got scared, panicked, and one or both slipped, and the one being baptized wouldn't let go, and they both wound up drowning.

The creeks were safer, and not as likely to cause folks to slip in the sometimes slick mud. Big holes that were more sandy were the preferred basin for baptizing. But they're not all that common. And sometimes, the best places were inaccessible except by boat, so the more convenient locations were chosen. We truly have it so much easier today in SO many ways. But even so, it's STILL so very satisfying seeing someone, anyone, being baptized. Who among us cannot think back to our own baptism? And seeing my grandson baptized was even more touching than that. It was like a lifetime of desires had suddenly been realized right before my eyes! I don't know how anything on earth could be AS satisfying, much less moreso.

rl69
06-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Everything seams to get blurry

Boaz
06-02-2016, 07:54 PM

I understand .

Pine Baron
06-03-2016, 08:24 AM

Yeah, me too. Must be something in my eye.