PDA

View Full Version : ill give hornady a pat on the back.

Lloyd Smale
06-01-2016, 03:18 PM
was loading 223s on my lnl a couple weeks ago and the case feeder motor locked up. I don't know how many many MANY thousands of rounds ive loaded on that press but its been MANY. I boxed it up and sent it in figuring id have to pay for a new motor because most of these companys although there great don't usually warrantee electrical things. Especially one that 10 years old and is as used as this one. Well I got a box today in the mail with a whole new case feeder assembly free of charge. Cant beat that with a stick!

dannyd
06-01-2016, 05:57 PM
They have always taken care of me.

crowbuster
06-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Great to hear lloyd. They have went above and beyond more than once for me as well. And they know word spreads about good customer service and figure it will pay back 4 fold.

lancem
06-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Yep, broke something on mine, don't remember what right now, but called to order the replacement. Lady asked me how it broke, told her it was because I was was in a hurry, my fault. Went to pay and the shipping was more than the part, she said since I was honest on how the part broke she was just going to send it to me... and she did, hard to complain about that!

Lloyd Smale
06-02-2016, 05:27 AM
yup there every bit as good as Dillon and rcbs. It allways amazes me how well these companys stand behind what they make. Its just to bad the auto companys don't do the same!

OS OK
06-02-2016, 05:54 AM
A friend was sent a whole new tumbler and they didn't even want the broke one back…had a busted timer switch…Frankfurt Arsenal. Takes any hesitation away when contemplating another product in their lines.
Were lucky to have so many companies in our industry with this kind of support.

dudel
06-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Never had a problem with Hornady. Great people out there in Grand Island.

flashhole
06-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I'd like to give Hornady customer service a kick in the pants. They screwed me twice on the same issue. I purged all things Hornady from my bench and will not allow Hornady presence of any kind.

HangFireW8
06-03-2016, 11:53 PM
I've gotten great service from Hornady, including a custom 444 Marlin expander die made for me, gratis.

Come to think of it, I've gotten great service from every reloading company I've dealt with, even Lee. Maybe it has to do with being complimentary, polite, persistent, and trying everything they ask me to do. That means I don't always have free parts flying at me after the first call (unless we're talking RCBS), but I've always been able to resolve every problem.

ioon44
06-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Lately most of the new reloading equipment I have bought has been Hornady and have had no problems.

ReloaderFred
06-04-2016, 09:08 AM
When my old Hornady Pro-Jector got pretty loose after loading somewhere around 350,000 rounds, I called Hornady for a return authorization and received one. I expected to pay for the rebuild and also expected to wait a couple of months, but it was back to me in new condition within about 3 weeks. There was no charge, and included with the press was a two page list of what they had done to it to bring it back to new condition.

When I left Bullseye in my LnL powder measure for a couple of weeks and the plastic hopper started to melt, I called Hornady and ordered a new hopper. The nice lady asked me how it had been damaged and when I told her, she threw in a second hopper free of charge, "in case you forget again".... They've also sent me replacement case retaining springs at no charge for my LnL press and walked me through how to prevent them from becoming damaged in the future.

I've gotten great service from them, but when I call them, I don't rant and rave. Like HangFireW8 says, be nice and they'll bend over backward to help you.

Hope this helps.

Fred

r1kk1
06-04-2016, 12:59 PM
The only problem I've had with Hornady was the Apex Shotshell loader. I have bought another Shotshell loader from them since. I have no problems on the metallic side. I own about 30 sets of wildcat and proprietary dies mainly. I love their 500 Linebaugh set and added a taper crimp die for it. I now have a set of 300 Savage dies to add to the collection.

Since someone one brougt up Lee, they don't have an auto prime shellholder that fits only half of the Starline 475 Linebaugh cases. Their solution was to use a 500 S&W auto prime shellholder. My solution was a RCBS bench primer and use a standard shellholder. It works well.

Take care

r1kk1

blikseme300
06-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Being nice & polite when dealing with people almost always gets you what you want and often even more than what you are due. No matter how torqued-up I may be I never vent when trying to get service as I know I won't get what I want. Took me a few years to come to this realization but it was worth it.

Lloyd Smale
06-05-2016, 07:14 AM
odd ive primed thousands of 475s using the lee and never ran into a case that would fit.
The only problem I've had with Hornady was the Apex Shotshell loader. I have bought another Shotshell loader from them since. I have no problems on the metallic side. I own about 30 sets of wildcat and proprietary dies mainly. I love their 500 Linebaugh set and added a taper crimp die for it. I now have a set of 300 Savage dies to add to the collection.

Since someone one brougt up Lee, they don't have an auto prime shellholder that fits only half of the Starline 475 Linebaugh cases. Their solution was to use a 500 S&W auto prime shellholder. My solution was a RCBS bench primer and use a standard shellholder. It works well.

Take care

r1kk1

r1kk1
06-05-2016, 09:43 AM
odd ive primed thousands of 475s using the lee and never ran into a case that would fit.

I sent three cases back plus one stuck in the auto prime shellholder. They sent cases back plus an auto prime shellholder for a 500 S&W back. All brass was Starline 475 Linebaugh for my wife's necked down revolver cartridge. I called Starline with the rim thickness I measured and all were within their spec. I then went to the gunsmith and every standard shellholder that he owned worked. I spotted a RCBS bench primer tool on his work bench and every one of the cases fit. That is what I'm using to this day. I also used a RCBS ram prime unit on the press with standard shellholders and it works but is slow.

I dont understand it either LLoyd.

Since then ive been buying 21st century shellholder's to use with the K&M tool.

Take care

r1kk1

Lloyd Smale
06-05-2016, 12:04 PM
maybe they just let an out of spec batch slip out. I send the offenders back to them and demand replacements.

DerekP Houston
06-05-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm looking forward to giving Hornday's AP press a shot. It certainly felt more sturdy in the store compared to the lee model, and I really want auto indexing vs manual indexing. If it doesn't work out it'll go back to the store and continue saving for the xl650...It is a shame the I couldn't find a local distributor for Dillon I would've liked to see them side by side.

Titan was perfectly nice about returning the unused gear for full refund just minus the shipping.

r1kk1
06-05-2016, 03:41 PM
maybe they just let an out of spec batch slip out. I send the offenders back to them and demand replacements.

When I sent three cases back to Lee plus the auto prime shellholder with a stuck case, they said it was in spec and sent the 500 S&W auto prime shellholder and said those cases work in it.

I thought it may be out of spec too or at least something was. Everything from each manufacturer was stated in spec.

Who knows?

I'm loving the RCBS bench primer mated to Pat Marlin's ROCKDock.

Take care

r1kk1

osteodoc08
06-05-2016, 11:34 PM
At least someone is getting good service. When my ezject was worn and would not kick the brass out I called them. The CS rep
asked how many rounds I had loaded. I told
him 15-20k and he said that was about what I could expect. Gave me a part number and referred me to sales. Had tons of small part issues over the last several years so changed over to the Dillon 650 and haven't looked back. I just can't fathom a feature of this being a wear item like that. The CS reps attitude while
matter of fact more than anything wasn't necessarily
rude per se, but was enough for me to quit buying anything Hornady unless there isn't an alternative.

Lloyd Smale
06-06-2016, 05:53 AM
I meant you should send the batch of brass back to starline and ask for a replacement. Its probably there brasss that's out of spec.
When I sent three cases back to Lee plus the auto prime shellholder with a stuck case, they said it was in spec and sent the 500 S&W auto prime shellholder and said those cases work in it.

I thought it may be out of spec too or at least something was. Everything from each manufacturer was stated in spec.

Who knows?

I'm loving the RCBS bench primer mated to Pat Marlin's ROCKDock.

Take care

r1kk1

r1kk1
06-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Both companies said in spec. Here is the best part Lloyd - Any standard shellholder fits.

Go figure. I think the auto prime shellholder is out of spec but I can't prove it.

Take care

r1kk1

Don Fischer
06-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Strange thing, I swear by Hornady jacketed bullet's, only bullet's I've hunted with for well over 40 yrs. but, I've never owwned the first Hornady tool! Not even a set of dies! Now my gas checks for 30 cal bullet's are all Hornady!

Lloyd Smale
06-07-2016, 07:45 AM
having delt a lot with both companys id about bet my home that its lee that's out of spec.
Both companies said in spec. Here is the best part Lloyd - Any standard shellholder fits.

Go figure. I think the auto prime shellholder is out of spec but I can't prove it.

Take care

r1kk1