PDA

View Full Version : The wife has done rund oft

rl69
05-31-2016, 05:07 PM
She left for Oregon this morning about 6:45 too see our granddaughters wedding.right now it looks like she will be gone two weeks. But if our daughter has her way it will be a month.

looks like you will have some company on your diet boaz

buckwheatpaul
05-31-2016, 05:49 PM
I cant believe that she left you totally unsupervised.......cast 'em, load 'em, shoot 'em....eat bacon and have a ball....but dont forget the daily verse .... I am depending on you brother!

Hamish
05-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Might as well just go on ahead and make a bed out in the dog house,,,,,,,,,[smilie=1:

USMC87
05-31-2016, 06:06 PM
I hate to see you will have to learn to heat up pork and beans, I could live on beans but not everyone can handle them.

Hickok
05-31-2016, 06:28 PM
RL69, always remember, pizza is never a mistake!!!:bigsmyl2:

Ural Driver
05-31-2016, 06:59 PM
.........ya mean she up and r-u-n-n-o-f-t ?.........

https://youtu.be/tsAZ0RweVxk

500MAG
05-31-2016, 07:10 PM
my wife took the kids up to our cabin for a month during the summer. On Saturdays, I split a steak with the Bulldog and watched old westerns all day in nothin but my skivvies. After Church on Sunday's, it was back to the couch.

CastingFool
05-31-2016, 07:18 PM
Sounds like quiet time, to me!!!

slim1836
05-31-2016, 07:27 PM
my wife took the kids up to our cabin for a month during the summer. On Saturdays, I split a steak with the Bulldog and watched old westerns all day in nothin but my skivvies. After Church on Sunday's, it was back to the couch.

I pray for those days.

Slim

Ickisrulz
05-31-2016, 07:32 PM
Years ago my wife had a job in the USAF where she traveled 1 week each month. I loved it. One week to live on Pop Tarts for dinner and do whatever I felt like.

country gent
05-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Its nice for a short time. Ive been widowed since march 2002 and aloe gets old after awhile. I have the kids and family but its not the same. I just havent found another that is as understanding LOL.

rl69
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
I pan fried two pork steaks made a brown gravy off of the grease. I diced it up and mixed with lettuce tomatoes cucumber and a cyan pepper used the brown gravy as a dressing i used a flower tortilla as my bread

500MAG
05-31-2016, 08:11 PM
I pan fried two pork steaks made a brown gravy off of the grease. I diced it up and mixed with lettuce tomatoes cucumber and a cyan pepper used the brown gravy as a dressing i used a flower tortilla as my bread
Keep talkin like that and your gonna have half the forum pounding on your door.

rl69
05-31-2016, 08:11 PM
I enjoy being alone I have never needed a wife

I also couldn't imagine life without her. That empty pillow is going to be cold.

rl69
05-31-2016, 08:17 PM
I don't cook very much, and I'm kinda limited on how I cook. But I don't do too bad.

jcwit
05-31-2016, 08:17 PM
You didn't go along?

To your Granddaughters wedding.

rl69
05-31-2016, 08:21 PM
Couldn't work has been to slow. I was able to make the engagement party in Dallas

ashhoe
05-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Its nice for a short time. Ive been widowed since march 2002 and aloe gets old after awhile. I have the kids and family but its not the same. I just havent found another that is as understanding LOL.
I hugged my wife and told her she was beautiful and delicious. I thought of what you said there and I hope you find it again, here now or with her a little later.

rl69
05-31-2016, 08:35 PM
Great post thank you

leeggen
05-31-2016, 08:37 PM
load up those shoot'n irons and make some noise!! Wife went to the big city and done the monthly grocery shopping the other day. Got ready to shoot some 243's and dang wind started blowing big time, so I just got on the tractor and mowed pastures.
The peace and quite is nice for a couple days then I miss her when she is gone visiting in Fl.
Enjoy the time but eat like you are suppose to, remember she will inventory the pantry when she gets back.LOL
CD

country gent
05-31-2016, 08:42 PM
I know she is waiting for me. Ill make the trip someday. Hopefully when kids and grandkids dont need me so much. My Daughter Nikki reminds me so much of her in not only her looks but actions and attitudes also. I have slew of family and friends waiting for me. But I also have a bunch of friends and Family here yet also.

Beagle333
05-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Get the new guns, get em dusty and put a cobweb or two on em like they been in the cabinet all this time. :twisted:

Boaz
06-01-2016, 05:52 AM
I have been married 12 years out of the 64 I have lived . Raised two kids by myself ,one 42 and one 17 now . Over half a century being a bachelor . Dad always told me that if you don't learn to cook your at the mercy of women .

Pine Baron
06-01-2016, 09:39 AM
I give you 3 days. Be honest, those nights can get mighty lonely.

mold maker
06-01-2016, 09:56 AM
After 52 years I can't imagine not having the boss by my side.
LOL
Not that i usually listen, but her opinion is always welcome.
She says I'm a pretty good cook, but she's better.

Walla2
06-01-2016, 11:58 AM
My wife prepares and freezes evening meals for me. She prepares enough meals to cover 2/3 of the nights she is gone. It works well, I eat what she has put up for me for two nights then on the third night I eat what I want, how I want it, as much as I want, when I want. It has worked well for 35 years, no complaints from either of us. She fixes dishes that she knows I like (or will eat). If I don't like them I will be on my own 3 out of 3 nights (no thanks).

oldred
06-01-2016, 12:21 PM
My wife left me last year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for two whole weeks when our daughter had our first grand youngun! On one day I actually cleaned my Black powder rifle in the bath room, dug out my old Lee hand loader and loaded a bunch of 45/70s in front of the TV and caught up on some touch-up bluing inside the house where it was warm. :mrgreen:

However by only the second day it was no fun any more and while things like cooking wasn't so bad eating alone was terribly lonely, even the cats seemed depressed. You know, after 42 years she seems kinda like one of the family!

Harter66
06-01-2016, 12:46 PM
What I wouldn't give.....

When X2 and I parted ways it was nice to have routine,space and time, but I had my granddaughters at home also . So no lonely times, just time to be sick about doing the right thing for the right reasons at night.
2 wives ,27 yr of contract wedded not always misery. 7 yr of living in sin . 30 yr of raising kids with just 10 to go..........

Relish the woman who stands by ,pulls equal and rides along she is a rare treasure.

I never had a problem with cooking. Left to my own devices , meat n taters, meat n rice , meat n cabbage , eggs n grits n meat and biscuits n gravy would be about all the fair . I forgot the salad on pork day gotta have pork gravy for the wilted salad.

buckwheatpaul
06-01-2016, 02:44 PM
If Mrs. buckwheatpaul does not kill me before December 4th we will celebrate 40 years of togetherness. Not always smooth but I would marry her again. I have told a number of people that if she had murdered me for some of the stunts I've pulled that the all woman jury would not have convicted her......all kidding aside.....I can not image a day without her. She is good for me and I can never repay her for all she has done for me and allowed me to do.....she has truly earned her angel wings......

Blackwater
06-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Look at the bright side, RL. Sometimes I wish my wife WOULD rund oft!!! ;^)