PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service

buggybuilder
05-31-2016, 05:02 PM
Just ordered replacement parts for a RCBS die........FREE to my door!
Same part from Forester (for their brand die) ........$16.80 + shipping.
Great service!!

Bayou52
06-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Typical stellar customer service from RCBS. You'll need to get used to it, as this is how RCBS conducts its business. Pretty much the gold standard fot customer service......

Bayou52

6bg6ga
06-01-2016, 06:27 AM
This is why I keep purchasing RCBS dies over the cheaper dies.

Taterhead
06-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Ditto. They've never charged me for any part, whether I've broken it or not, or even when years beyond warranty. Because of this experience, I look to their catalogue first when looking for a new doodad.

I like RCBS pistol dies best. Rifle is mixed, but love the Gold Medal Match seating die for progressive 223 loading. My two RCBS presses are great as are my scale and Uniflow powder dispensers. I have a new Pro Melt that I think I'll like too. It is great to know that I won't have to worry about any of this gear either. RCBS will take care of me if there are problems.

williamwaco
06-01-2016, 12:29 PM
This is why I keep purchasing RCBS dies over the cheaper dies.

That, and they are better dies.

TenTea
06-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Keep in mind, Forster Products, Inc. is a small town, small time, family-run, small volume, precision operation with a few employees, versus a high volume, giant sporting goods conglomerate owned by a parent company and employing hundreds.

That being as it is, RCBS warranty service is surprisingly good for a company of its size.

TNsailorman
06-04-2016, 11:06 AM
I believe Forster is now a member of the Lyman business group. Forster does make a great die but you pay for it. I mostly buy RCBS because they make a great product and then stand behind it with the type of service that keeps me coming back. I have never had a problem with a RCBS product that wasn't my fault and they have never let me pay for the needed part even after I confessed my sin of misuse. my experience anyway, james

r1kk1
06-04-2016, 01:20 PM
I don't think Forster is now or ever been part of Lyman, I sent an email to Forster to find out.

One unique service that Forster offers is that if you send in three fired cases and buy one or full length sizer dies that are Forster, they will hone the dies with the neck tension you want.

Take care

r1kk1

TNsailorman
06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Your most likely right "r1kk1" about Forster. I was speaking strictly from memory of the Lyman catalog I had at one time and it listed a holding company that owned a whole range of gun product companies and Lyman, Butch's, and a whole bunch of reloading supply companies were listed. The Forster Products in Lanark, Illinois does not list any parent company on their website. RCBS, Redding, Forster, C&H all at one time would do custom work when requested by the customer. I have dies, parts, etc., made to fit custom application by all these companies. Many years ago, it was not all that unusual to be able to talk to the owner when needing help---try that today.

r1kk1
06-05-2016, 03:32 PM
The only owner I can talk to is Dave at CH4D. He also has the most caliber dies in the industry. From the 14 caliber Walker to a 2 bore he has pretty much everything covered. RCBS and Huntington's are a close second in die selection.

take care

r1kk1

molar
06-09-2016, 06:59 PM
That is why I puchase RCBS dies. I called them last week to order a decaping rod assembly for a 308 die I've had for 20 years. They sent me one free, no questions asked.

blikseme300
06-09-2016, 10:04 PM
The amazing thing to me is that RCBS is located in California and still in business even though the state is rabidly anti-gun.:roll:

It is a great state inspite of the politicians and other losers.

jmorris
06-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I have never had an issue with RCBS customer service, that said Lee and Hornady have always been great too. I am glad Dillon set the bar so high.

I wish they would offer other products I (we) use in life...I would love a steak house that had a life time warranty, next time your hungry just come back for another free steak.

Would be a lot more "old" cars on the road if they worked for your lifetime.

dragon813gt
06-09-2016, 10:27 PM
I have had two bad experiences w/ RCBS customer service. In both instances it took 3-4 weeks to get the parts. And I was charged for them in one instance. I did eventually receive the parts so the presses are running. But I have had much better service from other companies. I don't base my purchasing on warranty service so I will still buy from them.

Taterhead
06-11-2016, 01:11 AM
Today I had an occasion to call RCBS customer service. I like their M expanders so much that all my pistol dies have them. But the standard expander and M step in my 10mm and 40 dies are bit small for softer/wider cast bullets. They dont catalogue cowboy dies specifically for 10mm/40, so I called to see about ordering some custom sized expander plugs. The friendly guy listened to what I was trying to do. He offered to send 2 different types for me to try. Free. They are paying shipping too. Wouldn't take my money. He said to try them both and call back with what works. Then they'd send a second for my other die plate.

fast ronnie
06-11-2016, 01:50 AM
I've been having a major problem sizing some .30-06 and called them for advice. They sent me a new de-capping rod assembly like they did for molar. (post 11) I offered to pay for it, but they said no.
It wasn't the cause of the problem, but fixed another problem. Most of my dies are in green boxes, and some of them are cardboard boxes. (Don't know how old those dies are, though!!)

Doggonekid
06-12-2016, 12:59 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences with RCBS. 90 percent of my equipment is RCBS. It is a good value for the buck and they stand behind their product. Sometimes I need odd ball stuff and nobody local or even on the net has it or it might be a 4 to 6 week wait to get it. I call RCBS and they take care of me. Local stores want to charge me for a special order because what I want is not popular and they want a lot of extra $$$. RCBS has sent it to me in a reasonable time for no extra charge.

yenningComity
06-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Couple years ago got a bunch of used rcbs stuff on cl. 505 measure was cracked, had the wrong arm for my rockchucker, and was also missing parts for the priming mechanism. Called RCBS up asking how much to get the correct parts, and was told no charge. Getting back into the hobby now and while I try to buy used, I dropped the extra money for a pro melt over the lyman because I know rcbs has me covered.

1_Ogre
06-13-2016, 09:52 AM
I have a RCBS bench mount priming tool, and during a move lost the priming arms. Called RCBS to order new ones and they said no problem and sent me 2 sets of LP and SP priming tubes. Between RCBS and Dillon, you can't go wrong IMHO, good companies, both of them

Ole Joe Clarke
06-13-2016, 10:53 AM
I have nothing but praise for their CS. I don't have much green, but what I have they have taken care of the problems. And you can't wear out the mechanical stuff if you take care of it, which I do.

Weaponologist
06-13-2016, 11:30 PM
RCBS is great, I'm always calling for parts for RCBS Dies, Tools or Scales, when I find them at Yard sales or Flea Markets. Repairing their stuff is nothing more than a phone call. ....

YunGun
06-22-2016, 10:45 AM
I concur!
I just contacted them on Monday regarding some missing parts for an old 'RS' press that my father purchased in the '80s and recently passed down to me...

They replied this morning:
"I am ordering you these replacement parts under warranty. It will be the Universal Primer Arm (which will have the primer assemblies for large and small), the screws to attach the handle to the uniflow metering drum, and the stand plate to attach the powder measure to the press. As for the spent primers you actually need the spent primer catcher for that to not be a problem. I added that to the order as well. Hope this helps and thanks for contacting RCBS!"

That's some outstanding service for a 3 1/2 decade old product and will definitely be a consideration the next time I'm looking for equipment!

jdbark1952
07-04-2016, 01:32 AM
another one in the I was treated well by RCBS customer service line here

sghart3578
07-04-2016, 10:49 AM
I have had two bad experiences w/ RCBS customer service. In both instances it took 3-4 weeks to get the parts. And I was charged for them in one instance. I did eventually receive the parts so the presses are running. But I have had much better service from other companies. I don't base my purchasing on warranty service so I will still buy from them.

You can put me in the bad experience column also.

I have given up trying to get a few simple parts for my turret press. And I have gladly offered to pay for them. Still no luck.

I don't live far from them, I even offered to save them the postage and pick them up.

Oh well.

flyingmonkey35
07-04-2016, 10:53 AM
You can put me in the bad experience column also.

I have given up trying to get a few simple parts for my turret press. And I have gladly offered to pay for them. Still no luck.

I don't live far from them, I even offered to save them the postage and pick them up.

Oh well.
If you live that close find out their office hours and bring the press over.

And ask someone to help you fix it.

If they refuse take a video of it cause I'd want proof

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk