PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy? Minie Balls for .50 Cal

Bobby Ironsights
05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi there.

I'm a long time lurker, but don't contribute much, just like to read.

I've got a .50 Cal Flinter, with 1 in 48 (if I remember correctly) twist. Yeah, I know, the compromise twist.

Anywhoo!

I'd like to start shooting some Minie Balls, and or Lee R.E.A.L bullets, but there are many styles lee sells, but I'd like to try at least one or two, so I don't go off buying a whole casting setup with a bunch of moulds just to find out that I don't like them and nothing works.

THe one place I found that sells Minie' balls doesn't sell them in my caliber (fifty)..

Anyone know a minie shooter/caster or store that I don't know of?

Thanks for your time;
Bobby

Underclocked
05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(bzmpg3entxuo1aig4kumu2bk))/categories/tableList.aspx?catID=2&subID=25&styleID=65

floodgate
05-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Bobby:

I've got one of those double-cavity Lee moulds I picked up at a gun show, with one 0.490" Round Ball and one 320-gr. R-E-A-L .50 caliber bullet, used and shows some smoking, but seems in good shape (I've never cast with it); includes box and instructions. PM me an address and I'll send it your way - make a donation to the site as you see fit.

Floodgate

Mr Peabody
05-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Go to AuctionArms.com and look up burnhambill in the reloading section.
I've bought from him a few times over the years and he always sells a good hand cast boolit.
I like the .50 caliber minies' in my T/C Express for plinking and such.
Good Luck

cabezaverde
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
If you get interested in maxi balls, I will cast you up a few from a mold that I would be willing to sell if they work out.