PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 5/30

rl69
05-30-2016, 07:40 AM
I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?Psalm 56:4 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Pine Baron
05-30-2016, 07:46 AM
Thank you, rl. Praise God, indeed.

Boaz
05-30-2016, 08:11 AM
A good verse remember as we go out into this fallen world every day . Thank you !

Blackwater
05-30-2016, 01:30 PM
What a great verse! I think I first really came to understand its meaning in Viet Nam when we were attacked by rockets and mortars. One can only deal with fear for just so long, and then the truth of that verse kind'a becomes embarassingly clear. We're all going to die one day, and between now and then, all sorts of things are going to confront us. But there should be NO fear in any Christian. Concern, yes, for we're charged to take care of the body and life we've been given. But not fear. It's fear that keeps us from doing the greatest things we're capable of, and I don't believe God sent us here to do only the easy things. And if we just set out to do something, and just get on with it, it's amazing how much Christ will bless even our mistakes along the way.

It's what so many who died in our battles did, that we honor and remember today. They did not fear, but answered the call, in spite of their concerns. God bless them all.