PDA

View Full Version : Casting Equipment stockists central Florida ?

GRid.1569
05-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Hi folks

On holiday in Orlando, can anybody advise on stockists of casting equipment in the area ? Let's say up to 50 mile radius ?....

Thank you for anything you can add

Rich22
05-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Hi folks

On holiday in Orlando, can anybody advise on stockists of casting equipment in the area ? Let's say up to 50 mile radius ?....

Thank you for anything you can add

This I can comment on fairly well. Minimal to no actual casting stuff. If your looking for powder there is some but I have had FAR more luck with powder valley. Lead is next to nonexistant for a decent price. I cannot recall anything casting related I have purchased around here, all online.

dannyd
05-25-2016, 09:51 PM
That's going to be a hard one, most of us in Florida get our gear online. May want to try Pro Bass Shop there.

Shiloh
05-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Casting equipment is scarce locally. Powder and primers?? Pricey but available. Unique, Bullseye, 296?? Scarce.

Shiloh

frkelly74
05-26-2016, 07:50 AM
When I go to Michigan this summer to visit there are a couple of places I want to browse that I was a regular at. I may be taking a trailer with me. I have not found that people here in Florida cast much or even reload . I think they have too much money to spend and not enough time to do things for themselves. And the high cost of living seems to reflect this. This is my opinion.

runfiverun
05-26-2016, 09:46 AM
seein as how he is from Scotland that's no help whatsoever.

it's not uncommon to have to order casting equipment.
I can find a few things locally such as a melting pot, ingot molds, maybe a lube-sizer, or a pair of rcbs mold handles.
but everything else is order and wait here too.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM
the best bet would be a gunshow

http://www.floridagunshows.com/category/events/?future=true

Looks like you'll have to drive a bit, though.
Miami this weekend
Tampa next weekend

reddog81
05-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm not familiar with central Florida, but I think most molds and similar equipment is best purchased online or at a gun show. I'm guessing even 30 years ago most purchases were done through mail-order rather than in stores.

Buying a mold is a purchase most people make very infrequently and the the huge variety of molds out there would be a problem for a retailer to keep a decent stock and selection of what a person would want.

GRid.1569
05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
That was what I kind of expected given the lack of distributors on Lee Prec lists

oh well guess I'll need to fill the suitcase with T-shirts & Jeans instead of good stuff

Thanks for the feedback guys

NoZombies
05-26-2016, 11:36 AM
How long are you on Holiday? I have a friend who will be traveling through the area on the way to a gunshow, and he's always got a fair bit of casting stuff in the truck. I don't think he'll be in the area for another week though.

Four-Sixty
05-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Or... you can order via Amazon and ship to your hotel while you're here. I shipped to Europeans at American hotels a couple times, no problems.

dannyd
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
When I go to Michigan this summer to visit there are a couple of places I want to browse that I was a regular at. I may be taking a trailer with me. I have not found that people here in Florida cast much or even reload . I think they have too much money to spend and not enough time to do things for themselves. And the high cost of living seems to reflect this. This is my opinion.

you need to get out of Cocoa more and see the rest of Florida :)

Rooster
05-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Leesburg show is this weekend too. Probably an hour from the Mouse House via the Fla Turnpike. I'd expect the first gun show for a firearms enthusiast Brit would be fun to watch.

GRid.1569
05-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks to all that followed my last reply...

ordering online still looks the best way to get good stuff ( got some NOE Moulds that way )

wish I could take back some powders on the plane, so much more expensive in the UK....

Keep the faith everybody... So many failed in the UK....