PDA

View Full Version : Snap Safe trying to help a friend

matrixcs
05-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have an experience with a Snapsafe assemble yourself safe? My friend is looking to get a safe and he wants it on his second floor and is afraid of trying to get a regular safe up the winding stairs in his house. If anyone has had one , what was your experience?

C. Latch
05-25-2016, 06:47 PM
No, but I've paid two guys (with arms as big as my legs) to haul a piano up a staircase.

$200 and I didn't have to put a finger on it (or any of the other stuff we were moving). In hindsight, it was money well spent. Your friend might consider buying a conventional safe and paying movers to install it.

dragon813gt
05-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Hornady bought them out as far as I know. I looked at them but found them lacking in a bunch of areas. Zanotti Armor makes a higher quality safe that you piece together: http://www.zanottiarmor.com
They are more money but you get more steel and a better construction.

matrixcs
05-25-2016, 08:53 PM
No, but I've paid two guys (with arms as big as my legs) to haul a piano up a staircase.

$200 and I didn't have to put a finger on it (or any of the other stuff we were moving). In hindsight, it was money well spent. Your friend might consider buying a conventional safe and paying movers to install it.

I have been pushing that idea myself with no luck yet... He keeps looking for a better option.

JSnover
05-25-2016, 09:55 PM
A buddy of mine likes his but has no illusions about what it is or is not. As an affordable solution to a temporary problem it's not a bad choice.

jmort
05-25-2016, 09:59 PM
"Zanotti Armor makes a higher quality safe that you piece together"

thanks to dragon813gt cluing me in, I am on the list and set for a July/August delivery of my Zanotti safe. They have about an 8 month wait list, at least it was when I ordered mine.

RugerFan
05-26-2016, 12:56 AM
"Zanotti Armor makes a higher quality safe that you piece together"

thanks to dragon813gt cluing me in, I am on the list and set for a July/August delivery of my Zanotti safe. They have about an 8 month wait list, at least it was when I ordered mine.

6-8 month wait for Zanottis has been the norm for a long time. I called and talked to (the owner as i recall) several years ago. Wait time was the same. He said hiring employees that could do the high quality work required was a challenge. He would love to shorten the wait time, but was limited by the lack of qualified workforce available. Any skilled metal artisans may want to apply there.