PDA

View Full Version : Don't ya just miss

madcaster
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Remington .22 Rolling Blocks,the old Savage Favorites and the like?
I love those little .22's,I do not own one but I like them a lot!

IcerUSA
05-15-2008, 01:44 AM
madcaster , go to Savages site and look at there new ones . :)

Keith

Pavogrande
05-15-2008, 05:56 AM
I recently acquired several of the "boys" rifles in various stages of decomposition. The Rem #4 is excellent, a takedown model with a canvas carry case. Not sure if case is original but appears to match rifle. -- A Stevens 414 22 short also excellent, -- Stevens Maynard junior, a tip up, 22rf, in very poor condition. May salvage with a liner. -- 2 stevens Favorites, a 25rf in poor shape, another 1915 22rf which should turn out good. -- A stevens Marksman, another tip up model in good condition and finally -- a Page Lewis target model in excellent condition - I like 'em too! Have a few large bores also but these are more fun!

Buckshot
05-16-2008, 03:23 AM
..............The current Savage Favorites don't have the same elan' as the old ones, but they can be doctored up.

...............Buckshot

Nardoo
05-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Buckshot, my Daddy used to drive an old Elan' with the side valve V8. An he wasn't even a doctor. But them .22 single shots are sure pretty.

Nardoo

IcerUSA
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
The old oned are nice little things . Redid an old barn gun back in the late 70's for my exwife's dad , had a couple bad spots in the barrel that where almost rusted shut , outside of the barrel was pitted bad , needed a firing pin , made that out of a nail :), got everything cleaned up but still had some pitting on the barrel as it was too deep to get it all out , cold blued it and linseed oiled the stock and even fired a couple rounds thru it and it still shot good for a barn gun :) .

Keith

bearcove
05-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Learned how to shoot with a crackshot.was my great uncle's. Accurate.

river-rider
05-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I had a old CrackShot that had a cracked stock. Some one had wound a copper strip around the stock. Gun still shot pretty well.:Fire:

Lucky Joe
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
This Crackshot .22 was my fathers. Still gets used from time to time, probably has accounted for more game and varmints than any other I have.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2hxcbcl.jpg