PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for brother Tim

Boaz
05-23-2016, 08:56 PM
I would ask for prayer for brother Tim . He is a lay preacher at my church . You might recall me mentioning him in the 'outreach' topic I put up a while back . Tim leads and participates in many many programs and helps everyone . He started and runs our drug addiction program and the success rate is better than the big rehabs . He is a recovering addict himself , clean for 8 years . If you met Tim you would like him , he knows no strangers . I have a lot of respect for him and his wife for the work they do and he's just a dang nice guy .

Tim's son in Oregon Shot himself in the head 2 days ago in a suicide attempt. He is a drug user , the out look for his recovery is slim to none . Tim is just a regular guy with a regular job , we are gathering a collection to help them . Both have to fly there and stay till .......? I am not asking for donations but please pray for them . This is going to be a hard time for all concerned . Please pray . Thank you .

shoot-n-lead
05-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Prayer sent for Tim and family.

Please pm the address and I will donate to the fund.

Boaz
05-23-2016, 09:06 PM
shoot-n-lead I can't take donations here , it could lead to problems . You have a good heart sir , your offer is honest . Just pray all you can , you can help much through our Lord . Thank you

buckwheatpaul
05-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Father, I ask for mercy for Tim and his wife. Please bring them peace and understanding that You are in charge and that You will help carry them through this most difficult time. Father, Tim and his spouse is doing Your work and they need your help and grace desperately. Amen

jmort
05-23-2016, 09:16 PM
Praying for Tim, his wife, son, your church and all concerned.

USMC87
05-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Heavenly Father we come asking for mercy and Your healing touch upon this family, We ask that you will heal those broken hearted and show them Your will in this incident. In Jesus name Amen.

jcren
05-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Prayers sent. May God comfort a good man

Preacher Jim
05-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Lord we ask that you comfort and strengthen tim and his family as they go through the stages of grief, doubt, and sorrow. Lord you are ever present help and our protection and we pray for an outpouring of grace on this fsmily.

big bore 99
05-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Prayers sent.

Boaz
05-24-2016, 06:45 AM
Lord be with Tim and his whole family today as they try to deal with this situation in Oregon . It's going to be hard for them . Be with them and help them in this trial of pain over the son . Help their son Lord in the way you know best . Be with all , help them . Help us his brothers and sisters to provide comfort and encouragement . Thank you . In your name I ask it . Amen

w5pv
05-24-2016, 07:03 AM
Prayers sent

square butte
05-24-2016, 07:20 AM
Prayer sent up for Tim

buckwheatpaul
05-24-2016, 07:32 AM
Father, Travel with and comfort Tim and his wife as they begin the difficult trip to their son. Help them reflect on the good things and dim the bad things that have surrounded their son. Father bless their son who has injured himself. Let all them grow closer to You as You continue to help them through this most desperate situation. Amen

Pine Baron
05-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Father, Travel with and comfort Tim and his wife as they begin the difficult trip to their son. Help them reflect on the good things and dim the bad things that have surrounded their son. Father bless their son who has injured himself. Let all them grow closer to You as You continue to help them through this most desperate situation. Amen
Amen.

Bodydoc447
05-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Prayers sent

Prairie Girl
05-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Lord, please help Tim and his wife during this difficult time in their lives. I pray that their son survives and has as little damage as possible. I pray that he makes it through this time and is able to recover with his family. Tim gives his addiction testimony at the youth rallies and shares his personal experience with the teens that may be at a low place in their lives such as his son was. I hope that his son will speak to him about steps to take to help himself if his son recovers from this event. I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen

Blackwater
05-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Gee whiz, Charlie! That's an AWFUL thing to have happened! But having worked for a number of years in the CJ system, it's far more common than any of us realize, I'm afraid. AND, it seems to be becoming MORE common! Tim will certainly be in my prayers. I once came close to losing my only son, and I know what I went through while waiting to see the outcome. He is going to need all the prayers he can get, and that goes for both of them, if his son has anything left to work with now.

What drugs have done to our nation is unforgivable! And so much of it is due to us "good Christians" turning away from it rather than dealing with it! I hope God can find all it must take for Him to forgive us for our failure to do what we should have done, and let us try to readdress the issue with more clarity and purpose. It's so heart rending when these things occur. Thanks for letting us know. This is going to be another of those things where it's not a "one prayer and done" things, too. He'll be in our prayers as long as they're needed, however long it takes.

Boaz
05-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Went to church yesterday evening . Pastor read a text Tim sent him Tuesday . They had him taken off the ventilator on Tuesday . Yesterday (Wensday) morning he could breathe on his own . Doctor asked him to hold up two fingers and he did . I don't know where this is going

Boaz
05-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Lord help Tim's son . Be with Tim , his wife and family . You are in control Lord I know that . Please provide for all . I ask in your name . Amen

buckwheatpaul
05-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Father, Walk with Tim's son today. Guide the doctors treating him. Father wrap your loving arms around Tim's son, Tim, and his mother and hold them close to You. I give You all the praise. Amen

Teddy (punchie)
05-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Prayer sent for Tim and family.

Pine Baron
05-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Father, Walk with Tim's son today. Guide the doctors treating him. Father wrap your loving arms around Tim's son, Tim, and his mother and hold them close to You. I give You all the praise. Amen
Thank you Paul. In Jesus name. Amen

Preacher Jim
05-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Lord we are praying for a miracle for This young man. you have been working in answer to these faithful prayers. we still pray for Tim and his family and ask you to give them your peace.

Boaz
05-26-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm not going to lie or hide it . When I became aware of the circumstances I thought the son would not make it long . When I heard they took him off the ventilator I knew it was a over . But a day later he is breathing on his on and still has some cognative ability . I sold GOD short , there is hope .

Blackwater
05-26-2016, 06:44 PM
Amazing things happen, Boaz. Things that science and medicine just can't always explain. I've seen the wonder and surprise in doctors' eyes when they see things that they just can't explain. Sometimes, I wonder if things like this aren't a test for US moreso than the ones it's happening to? A test of our faith?

Lord, Tim's son is in greater need now than any of us here in the Chapel. I pray that you'll be with him, and work a real wonder and miracle on him, and that he'll live to find you after so long running away from you, in order that such an extreme example of Your power might bring not only him, but others to belief, and the simple knowledge that You are our Savior, our Friend, and our Everything. In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Hickok
05-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Lord be with Tim and his whole family today as they try to deal with this situation in Oregon . It's going to be hard for them . Be with them and help them in this trial of pain over the son . Help their son Lord in the way you know best . Be with all , help them . Help us his brothers and sisters to provide comfort and encouragement . Thank you . In your name I ask it . AmenAmen brother. I feel this mans pain and anguish. My heart goes out to Tim and his family.

Boaz
05-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Went to church today and Tim and his wife were there . They flew in to DFW late Friday and made the drive home . I was surprised , they have to take care of some business. Now for the surprise . The son is still with us , he has improved enough to be moved from ICU to a lower care unit . He can understand simple requests and move his hand . It is still a tenuous situation but maybe with the Lords help ...
A love offering was taken and Tim and his wife looked very very tired . Please continue to pray for them and the son . I will report when anything new happens .
Thank you

Blackwater
05-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the update, Boaz. I can't help but wonder if something good might not come from this in the end. I don't know how, but that's what faith is supposed to be for - when we DON'T know.

Pine Baron
05-30-2016, 08:51 AM
OOf, BW, that was harsh. I know you didn't mean it to come out that way, but others on here may be going through similar tribulation. They need our support, not the visual you have provided. Go in peace my brother.

Heavenly Father, please provide strength and comfort for Tim and his wife. Please guide the doctors in their treatment for Tim's son. If it be your will, oh Lord, please bring Tim's son into your loving light. In Jesus name. Amen

Blackwater
05-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Gee whiz, Pine Baron, you're right! And no, I did NOT mean it like it came out! So please forgive me for my failure to realize how it could have been taken! I was focused on the things that might come out of this that would be good results, and didn't even think about how I expressed them. I learned long ago when I was working with the courts to deal with very serious situations in a very objective way, with the emotions pretty well taken out of it. That allowed me to do much of the stuff that was the hardest for anybody to do and deal with and try to make sense of. I guess, at least in part, it was a defensive mechanism of sorts. Even today, I'll still wind up saying things occasionally that offend some, and I do it without thinking beforehand how it might come across. I do that because of my experience, and the ability to shut out my emotions in certain difficult situations where emotions cloud up my objectivity and analysis. It's good to be able to do that in some situations, and helped me do better work once, but occasionally, it'll come out in a way that I do NOT mean it to.

So please forgive me for the way I said it. I could have said it MUCH better and less offensively. It's a trait I picked up honestly and largely due to necessity, but pops up where I'd NEVER want it to, but just don't realize it's working out wrong for me until later.

And THANKS for pointing it out to me. It was just a combination of a lot of stuff I learned in my investigations and a result of the way I learned to think in a much different situation. I apologize profusely if I hurt anyone. I certainly didn't mean to. And thanks for any understanding you can send my way. I erred big time, and will try to watch it from now on.

Boaz
05-30-2016, 12:53 PM
You might think about editing/rewording that post?

Blackwater
05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Boaz. Done. Sometimes, I can be a real idjit! I'm sorry.

Boaz
06-02-2016, 05:36 AM
I talked to Tim at bible study yesterday evening . The son is some what stabilized and has been removed from intensive care . Brain damage is impossible to estimate at this point . He knows who his mother is , lift his hand when asked to , he can not speak . Doctors had called in the family when it happened to prepare them that he would not make it long but...........

I told him many here had given prayer . He said tell you all that he and his wife thank you for caring . If they are able the son will be moved to Texas when or if it's medically possible so they can be with him and help . I want to thank all of you also for helping my friend and a good man . Please remember them when you pray , this could be a long road they are on .

buckwheatpaul
06-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Father, You have spared Tim's son. Now I come to You to ask that You allow him to improve and be able to take care of himself. Please walk and work with Tim's son to improve his health and quality of life. In Your Name I pray. AMEN

Pine Baron
06-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Amen.

Blackwater
06-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Amen, Paul! Our God is a wonderful God, and loves us and cares for us even when we may not be caring for ourselves very well. If that's not proof of His love and majesty, what could be? Prayers continuing for Tim's son and the family, and Boaz, you're right. This isn't going to be one of those "one and done" situations. It'll have lasting effects, and I pray that God, in his Graciousness, will allow Tim's son to regain as much as possible of what he's lost, or that the docs and us thought were lost. With Him, ALL things are possible. ALL things. Amen.