PDA

View Full Version : 22 ammo at Walmart today.

45-70 Chevroner
05-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Not cheap but at least it was Winchester and not Remington. 100 round box, Hyper velocity hollow point Varment & small game.
$10.11 with tax. I've got a bunch already but just trying to keep up with inflation. They had 5 boxs. The guy at the counter ask me if I would like some 22 ammo they were under the counter, I thought what the heck I've got 10 bucks I can spare.

osteodoc08
05-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Palmetto state had the AutoMatch 325 for $25 with free shipping on 4+ boxes over the weekend

bubba.50
05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
the gougers here still line-up to scarf it up soon as Wally-World breaks it out. they're either gettin' desperate or generous in their dotage as it's only about three times what they paid for it when it shows up at the gun shows now.

RogerDat
05-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Who buys .22 at gun shows? There used to be tables with bunches on them, now hardly any space devoted to it. And some has price reduced to not that much more than it goes for in stores.

$10 per hundred it seems is the new "normal" price for plinking .22 LR ammo. With $12 not uncommon in individual 50 cnt boxes @ $5.99 each of CI.
Man I have to laugh every time I discover a box of 22 from back around Y2K (remember that?) prices were dirt cheap compared to what they are today.

bangerjim
05-23-2016, 07:01 PM
I have bought at least eight 500 bricks of 22LR's at Walmart for $22.00 each. Just have to be there at the right time. Luck-o-the-Irish, I guess!

Walmart is NOT a reliable soruce for 22's....at all! So don't rush over to your local super WM expecting to buy 3 bricks (limit around here). I just happened to be there to get some OTC meds and wandered back to the sporting goods area with the wife in tow. BINGO!

Bangerjim

DerekP Houston
05-23-2016, 07:24 PM
I have bought at least eight 500 bricks of 22LR's at Walmart for $22.00 each. Just have to be there at the right time. Luck-o-the-Irish, I guess!

Walmart is NOT a reliable soruce for 22's....at all! So don't rush over to your local super WM expecting to buy 3 bricks (limit around here). I just happened to be there to get some OTC meds and wandered back to the sporting goods area with the wife in tow. BINGO!

Bangerjim

That is my method of acquiring it as well ;). Just check cause I'm there buying diapers and milk anyways. I've been passing it up the past 2 months though and plan on continuing unless my wife starts shooting her 22 again. My 2yr old already loves his toy guns so I foresee a good amount of shooting in our future.

bubba.50
05-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Who buys .22 at gun shows? There used to be tables with bunches on them, now hardly any space devoted to it. And some has price reduced to not that much more than it goes for in stores.

$10 per hundred it seems is the new "normal" price for plinking .22 LR ammo. With $12 not uncommon in individual 50 cnt boxes @ $5.99 each of CI.
Man I have to laugh every time I discover a box of 22 from back around Y2K (remember that?) prices were dirt cheap compared to what they are today.

didn't say I bought any of it. still got a few boxes of the Federal 550 packs from when they were about 8 bucks apiece. and a few bricks of sub-sonic that was about 12 or 13 bucks a brick. and even if it is the "new normal" i won't pay 10 bucks a box for it either unless it's some kind of target ammo.

and all my 22mag ammo is from when it was 6 to 8 bucks a box.

Hardcast416taylor
05-23-2016, 08:11 PM
A small LGS has Browning .22`s in a 50 ct box for $12.95!Robert

DerekP Houston
05-23-2016, 08:28 PM
A small LGS has Browning .22`s in a 50 ct box for $12.95!Robert

Gander mountain is still sitting on some very pricey match 22 near me too ;) don't see it moving

HangFireW8
05-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Local Wal-mart sells out to the "usual" before anyone else gets to see it. Never in stock when I drop by, for 3 years straight.

Local Dick's Sporting Goods has a choice of 3 kinds in stock, bought a few, checked back a few days later, some still there.

Go figure.

Hogtamer
05-23-2016, 10:22 PM
45~70...me too today, same ammo, except I got 3. Also 3/22 WMR which is all but extinct. Very rare occurrence here.

Bmi48219
05-23-2016, 11:47 PM
Bass Pro had Federal 40 gr. "target" - 325 round box for $19.99. I had a $10.00 off on $40.00 purchase coupon so got 2 boxes. With the sales tax ( they rang up two x $19.99 then taxed the total @ 6.5%, then took $10 off), I paid 5.2 cents per round. Just about out of my mid 60's CCI Mini Mags so had to go for it.

Bmi48219
05-23-2016, 11:54 PM
Still have 4 boxes (50 rounds ) Ferderal .22 shot shells, paid all of 79 cents per box a half century ago. Not a lot of marauding sparrows around these parts lately.

wrench man
05-23-2016, 11:56 PM
I saw it there today too, didn't pick any up?, to expensive, CCI Mini Mags pop up around here for less than that, I did get two boxes of the CCI Maxi Mags though.
Picked up a brick of Federal 510 a week or so ago at BiMart for $22, they had Auto match a couple of weeks earlier for $18, figured it was about $10 to much for **** plinker ammo!

bangerjim
05-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Local Wal-mart sells out to the "usual" before anyone else gets to see it. Never in stock when I drop by, for 3 years straight.

Local Dick's Sporting Goods has a choice of 3 kinds in stock, bought a few, checked back a few days later, some still there.

Go figure.

There is definitely some under-handed actions at some Walmarts. When I was in one time, the guy behind the counter asked if "I had been called on these"!!!!!! So someone there is calling his buddies and letting them know the 22's are on the shelf (or held behind the counter). NOT fair at all, but money talks. Evidently some stock person had "accidently" put those 7 bricks of 22's in the ammo case and not held them back for Buddy Bubba. The guy was shocked they were actually on display in the case!!!

huntrick64
05-28-2016, 08:10 AM
I just bought 5 (50 round) boxes of Federal 22 standard velocity at Bass Pro in OKC for $2.49 per box with a 5 box limit. They also had some bulk ammo for 5 cents per round as well. They had plenty at the time. Stillwater Armory also had the Federal Auto-Match 325 bulks for $22 and I don't think there was a limit. They appeared to have plenty as well. I think it is starting to appear a little more frequently, but 5 cents per round is the lowest price I'm seeing.

Earlwb
05-28-2016, 08:23 AM
Our local Cabelas store has just recently gotten in a large supply of various brand .22LR rounds. From 50rd and 100rd boxes to bigger 325, 500 and 535 round bricks. A month ago they were getting down to just having the expensive special target competition only rounds from Eley left.

WILCO
05-28-2016, 08:58 AM
There is definitely some under-handed actions at some Walmarts. When I was in one time, the guy behind the counter asked if "I had been called on these"!!!!!! So someone there is calling his buddies and letting them know the 22's are on the shelf (or held behind the counter). NOT fair at all, but money talks. Evidently some stock person had "accidently" put those 7 bricks of 22's in the ammo case and not held them back for Buddy Bubba. The guy was shocked they were actually on display in the case!!!

There is nothing underhanded going on at Walmart.
Items ordered online can be picked up at the store.
Really tired of folks complaining about rimfire availability and pricing.
It's available if you do the work to locate it and want to spend the required funds to purchase it. Apparently, it's easier to blame a cast of "Imaginary" bad guys who conspire to deny the national populace, of a product which is high in demand.
Understanding basic economics is critical, if one is to survive in a capitalistic society.

2wheelDuke
05-28-2016, 12:10 PM
It's been years now since I saw .22lr on the shelf at a Walmart. I have seen it as Bass Pro, but it usually doesn't last a day.

AK Caster
05-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Still have 4 boxes (50 rounds ) Ferderal .22 shot shells, paid all of 79 cents per box a half century ago. Not a lot of marauding sparrows around these parts lately.

in 1966, Adjusted for inflation indicates you paid $5.83 a box in todays currency.

HangFireW8
05-28-2016, 05:39 PM
It's available if you do the work to locate it and want to spend the required funds to purchase it. Apparently, it's easier to blame a cast of "Imaginary" bad guys who conspire to deny the national populace, of a product which is high in demand.
Understanding basic economics is critical, if one is to survive in a capitalistic society.

LOL We've seen the collusion in action, the usual guys blocking the line the moment the 22 gets unpacked. Over and over again.

1895gunner
05-28-2016, 08:19 PM
One of my LGS's in NW Georgia has plenty at 5 & 6 cents a round. Great bargain for today.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g441/1895gunner/Browning%203_zpsa9piucde.jpg (http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Browning%203_zpsa9piucde.jpg.html)

The brown boxes below are cases of the stuff for sale.

1895gunner

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g441/1895gunner/Browning%201_zpsfh27kzxd.jpg (http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Browning%201_zpsfh27kzxd.jpg.html)

Chill Wills
05-28-2016, 11:26 PM
Now that is fairly impressive! So who makes the Browning line of 22 RF?

bubba.50
05-28-2016, 11:33 PM

yeh, the only flaw with yer little fantasy scenario is that ammunition is "in store only" at Wally-World.

WILCO
05-29-2016, 09:46 AM
yeh, the only flaw with yer little fantasy scenario is that ammunition is "in store only" at Wally-World.

Doesn't make it a flaw or fantasy. My post still rings true.
It's much easier to be negative than it is positive. I'll be smiling with glee as I'm winging clay birds with a rimfire rifle.

gnostic
05-29-2016, 11:07 AM
My High Standard 107 has become a safe queen. I load center fire ammo for less than buying 22's so why bother. Let them stick their 22's, where the sun don't shine....

izzyjoe
05-29-2016, 06:09 PM
I seen armscor 500rd boxes at Attwood fri, $50+ taxes. That seems a little steep to me, but I would buy some if I needed it, but I dont! I stocked up on bricks back when they where $7.99 for 550. But when they are gone, I guess I'll buy the best deal I can find.

DerekP Houston
05-29-2016, 06:20 PM
didn't hear a single 22 being fired at the range today and I was the only one saving brass out of 12. looked like all factory ammo judging by the boxes in the trash.

bubba.50
05-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Doesn't make it a flaw or fantasy. My post still rings true.
It's much easier to be negative than it is positive. I'll be smiling with glee as I'm winging clay birds with a rimfire rifle.

no sir, yer post most definitely does not ring true. you can not order ammo shipped to store at Wally-World, you can only buy what they order or the companies send them and you sayin' it can be makes the statement untrue. and you believin' it could be makes it a fantasy.

and i'm not settin' an alarm clock to try to beat the gougers just too buy the limit of 3 boxes of low-grade 22 ammo.

izzyjoe
05-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that cheap ammo jammed up in a semiauto will make you want to throw the whole box in the woods!