PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for today

Boaz
05-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Thank you for another day Lord . We only exist because of your love . Thank you for our life , family and everything that is . Thank you for providing a beautiful world to live our lives in . Thank you for all that is good . Stay with us and guide us through this day . Show us what you would have us do . Thank you Lord . Amen

shoot-n-lead
05-21-2016, 06:31 AM
X2

amen

BUCKEYE BANDIT
05-21-2016, 07:05 AM
What BOAZ said, Amen

Pine Baron
05-21-2016, 07:35 AM
In Jesus Name. Amen

square butte
05-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Amen - Thank you for this prayer Boaz

rl69
05-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Amen...

buckwheatpaul
05-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks! Paul

yancey
05-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Been a hard week !! Brother, That Prayer sure helped think about things in a different light.

Thanks !

Blackwater
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I keep coming back to this post because of its universal Truth. Whenever I've been out and about in the fields, woods or on the waters, I've always had the distinct feeling of being SO lucky just to be alive, and observing so much of God's immense greatness and good will and care for us. Things often don't go the way we want them to or that we envisioned, but in the end, this is what makes us strong, and - at least to the extent possible for us - worthy of God's love and His unending gifts to us and for us.

And when we realize this simple Truth, it's so much easier to stay humble instead of willful, and to take whatever we encounter in stride, without fear or trepidation. Truly, if we but follow the advice and directions our Lord has given us, we'll be truly, deeply and eternally happy, satisfied, and grateful. G. K. Chesterton once wrote that he believed the highest form of thought was simple thanks. I think he really had something there.

Preacher Jim
05-23-2016, 12:23 PM
the Lord has blessed us with so many reminders of His power and love that to name them all would fill the internet.
May He use us to help those who refuse to see the wonders of His hand and refuse to praise Him understand how great His love is.

Boaz
05-23-2016, 12:31 PM
I agree . Non believers want proof and everything they see , hear , smell , feel , experience is proof . We are living proof .

Blackwater
05-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Excellent point, Boaz. But we also know that what many SAY, and what they really MEAN by what they say, can be and often is quite different. It looks increasingly to me like those who are always asking for "proof," aren't really looking for "proof" at all, really, but just seeking to argue and irritate. They don't really seem to realize, that, just as Bob Dylan sang after his own experience with "the light," "You Gotta' Serve Somebody," and while we serve God and Christ and the Holy Spirit, the Trinity, those who are always challenging us to "prove" stuff, aren't really looking for proof. They're really looking to just be a pest and trying to put a damper on our enthusiasm and enjoyment, which they can never know. It's jealousy and avarice both at once. They want something they deny to themselves, and because they're jealous and avaristic, they don't want US to have it either.

Such a pitiful existence they have! And yet, they hold onto it like it was their very life! Strange, is it not? Could there be better proof there really IS a Satan, and that he DOES in fact move here on earth and do all the tempting and mocking and creates all the dissent that the Bible describes quite plainly and clearly? They'd rather have their lies and mocking and cynicism than salvation, satisfaction and truth. It's clearly a choice they make. A willful and ill considered one, yes, but a choice nevertheless.

It's a shame to see these people do what they do, but "Thank God, for there but by the grace of God go I." Truly, our Savior is the most wondrous and loving Power that has ever been. And he WILL bring it all to righteous judgment before it's over. I feel for the un-believers at that time, but not one of us can save them then. They've chosen their own end, not us or the Lord. I can almost hear the voice of God saying, "So mote it be."