PDA

View Full Version : Replacement barrel for Glock Gen 4

dverna
05-20-2016, 08:11 AM
I have a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for my G22 and it works well. I am planning on purchasing a .40 barrel for it as well. My main reason is to have a barrel that more fully supports the cartridge. I would prefer a barrel that is a "drop in".

Can anyone comment on the advantages of other makes of replacement barrels?

Thanks,

Don

Virginia John
05-20-2016, 10:12 AM
I put a Lone Wolf in my G19 and it worked very well. Seemed to be a little more accurate and was a drop in.

garym1a2
05-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I have storm Lake barrels in Gen3 Glock22 in both 9mm and 40. They work great thur several years of USPSA and 3 gun. My G35 gen4 has KKM 40 barrel and a lone wolf 9mm barrel. All four setups work well and are quite reliable.
I only had problems with Glock 40 barrels, in my G19 and G21SF factory barrels work very well with cast.

9.3X62AL
05-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Gary's Glock experience seems to be the "norm"--9mm and 45 ACP OEM barrels seem to do good work with castings, while the 40 S&W is probably better-served by aftermarket barrels for lead bullets in the 40 S&W. (No experience with the 10mm Glock or any 357 SIG, so 'no can assist' on those critters). I have used Storm Lake barrels in a Glock 23 and a 22C with complete satisfaction, both have been drop-in fit and meet or beat OEM barrel accuracy with J-words. They also haven't shifted sighting/targeting significantly between themselves and the OEM barrels. My Glocks have all been Gen 3 variants.

My Gen 3 40 S&W Glocks have not produced "smiley faces" AKA "The Glock Case Bulge" with their OEM barrels/chambers. This is across a range of brass makes over several years' time. This trait and its negative effects on brass lifespan (and shooter safety) was the principal motivator behind my acquisition of aftermarket barrels, since most of my range practice involves use of cast bullet load duplicators of my carry rounds with my street guns.

FergusonTO35
05-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Case support is the same between the factory and Storm Lake barrels on my 19 and 26, both generation 4 guns. The Storm Lake tubes are a bit more accurate with boolits and a little more forgiving on sizing. Now, I did have Storm Lake open up the leade on both barrels for easy chambering. They did the job quickly at no charge, great company to deal with.

billyb
05-20-2016, 02:31 PM
PM sent