PDA

View Full Version : New Pastor...Praise God

Victor N TN
05-19-2016, 07:42 PM
I want to thank everyone for their prayers for our church. After 6 preachers we elected the interim pastor. He was a friend of our late pastor and has many of the same friends. And the majority of the members felt he would make a good full time pastor. I hope our church continues to grow and prosper.

Thank you each again.
Victor

bangerjim
05-19-2016, 07:51 PM
In the United Methodist Church, we change preachers every 2 years. If we have a good one, we petition to have them stay. I usually works. We have had some for 8+ years. And allows us to get rid of ones we do not like. Also our assistant minsters change every 2 years - - possibly. Many young ones go to their own church as the senior pastor. Good OTJ training!

Hope yours works out well for your congregation.

rl69
05-19-2016, 08:16 PM
I saw this the other day. this looked like a good spot for it .

Minister To Your Pastor

"Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor." Galatians 6:6

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13, Hebrews 5:1-3

One segment of God's family that needs to experience hospitality most acutely is that rarified group called pastors! They and their families might well be the loneliest people in our congregations. Preachers' kids are often ostracized as "too holy" by association; pastors' wives get exhausted running two households, God's and their own; perhaps we assume the preacher gets quite enough of us all on Sundays.

Reluctance about getting close to the pastor's family might rise from fear that our homes, our children's behavior, or the effort to relax and be real just isn't good enough. We dread offending or tarnishing the image we've crafted for ourselves.

Those who minister full-time desperately need fellowship. They love coming into our homes for dinner, interacting with our families. They thrive on our encouragement and welcome our feedback. They sometimes need a safe place to share their hearts, their hurts and their concerns. Most of all, they need a friend they can be genuine with. Might you be that friend?

Insight: Ask God to show you a way to minister to your pastor, his wife, his family. extending ourselves needn't be lavish... simply real and heartfelt.

Boaz
05-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Being a pastor a church is hard . Your on the job 24/7 , you have to have people skills , counseling , directing , financial management , public speaking skill and much more . Dealing with the flock is the hardest part .
Victor N TN I'm glad ya'll found a good pastor . I hope the transition is a smooth one !

Preacher Jim
05-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Fellows remember the loneliest person in church sometimes is the pastors wife, include her and remember she is a human being. Not perfect not infallible just a human being. Do not expect more of her than you do of yourself.

Victor N TN
05-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks again for all the responses. I appreciate them all.