PDA

View Full Version : H&R Handi Rifle in .500 S&W Magnum

ticket machine
05-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Read in Handloader Magazine that H&R was making a run of .500 S&W Mag rifles. Haven't been able to find but one that was on Gunbroker auction. My local dealer said they were a special run for Talo Distributors, who use Lipsey's as an outlet, but never was able to find any listing of them at either place. Lipsey's has no listing of any H&R guns, and neither does Talo. Would like to have one if I could find it.

RPRNY
05-19-2016, 12:29 AM
H&R, purchased by Marlin and then by Remington/Freedom Group are no longer making the Handi Rifle. They shut down production last year. The 500 S&W was not a special run and were made for several years. Gun Broker and Gray Beard Outdoors H&R Classifieds are your best bets.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

ohiomadman
05-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Read in Handloader Magazine that H&R was making a run of .500 S&W Mag rifles. Haven't been able to find but one that was on Gunbroker auction. My local dealer said they were a special run for Talo Distributors, who use Lipsey's as an outlet, but never was able to find any listing of them at either place. Lipsey's has no listing of any H&R guns, and neither does Talo. Would like to have one if I could find it.

Might want to try Gander Mt. They have some new old stock in . I read in another forum a guy in
NY said they had them in 308,7-08 and 500 S&W mag.

ticket machine
05-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try those places.

ticket machine
05-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Looked and looked, found nothing that interested me. Maybe one will turn up on Gunbroker or this site.