PDA

View Full Version : Hen turkey is back

44man
05-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Comes to the bird feeder every day so we put a bowl of corn out. She must have a nest in my woods. I sure don't know if she is the same as last year. Had a tom here too.
Wonder of nature to enjoy.
Tree rats all the time too. As many as 7. Carol complains about money for feed but to watch them and how they figure out to get seeds is amazing. Then crows and ravens come too. Deer come at night and coons.

jhalcott
05-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Keep feeding them, thanks giving ain't that far off!!

rancher1913
05-18-2016, 12:24 PM
we had a bad problem with the tree rats here and then it stopped, was wondering what had happened and one day opened one of the grain bins to get some feed wheat out and it was full of dead squirrels, about 20 of them. guess one figured how to drop into the bin from the vent up top and called all the others to join him before they figured out that they could not climb back out. good thing that bin was feed for the pigs and chickens and not getting sold to the local flour mill.

Texas by God
08-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Rancher-I bet that was a sad/ happy moment. I love to watch/ hunt/ eat squirrels but they can be destructive. Many a house or barn has burned to the ground due to chewed wire insulation. Best, Thomas.