PDA

View Full Version : prayer list please

Lloyd Smale
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
one of the guys i work with was just diagnosed with blood cancer. they think it came for agent orange in nam. I dont care for the guy as hes tried to screw me many a time but hes a vet and got this fighting for his country and deserves our prayers

Ricochet
05-14-2008, 09:23 AM
God bless you, Lloyd. We're supposed to pray for our enemies too, aren't we?

I'll pray for him, and for you.

NVcurmudgeon
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, what Richochet said. Bill and Fran

Wayne Smith
05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Exactly, guys. Love those who hate you and despitefully use you. Prayers sent.

mtgrs737
05-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Amen Brother!

monadnock#5
05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
"And now abideth Faith, Hope and Charity, these three. But the Greatest of these is Charity."

No_1
05-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Lloyd,

Your post is honorable. He is on my list.

Robert

hotwheelz
05-14-2008, 07:22 PM
from mine to you and yours......

madcaster
05-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Done!

montana_charlie
05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
While you guys are praying, maybe you could say one for "Ron".

He checked himself into the hospital on Friday, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Saturday, died Monday, and was cremated Tuesday.
Today, Wednesday, I got the email his daughter sent to everybody in Ron's address book.

He was a vet, two tours in Vietnam, and (to my knowledge) never tried to screw anybody in his entire life.

He definitely was a good friend to me...
CM

Bad Water Bill
05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Prayers for both

twotrees
05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Prayers sent from here in Ga, by RedFoxy and myself.

TwoTrees

testhop
05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Like Bwb And Twotrees Saidprayers For You Both
But You Most

DLCTEX
05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Prayers sent for men and families. DALE

Lloyd Smale
05-15-2008, 03:12 AM
will do. It amazes me. there has got to be a pile of people dieing from exposure to that crap. theres been three with cancer from it in our little town in the last two years. Maybe we should say a prayer for all those vets that are haveing both mental and physical problems from serving in combat for us!! I cant imagine the mental strain of being told your going to die. Weve got one of our brothers on here going through just that and to me its the far more of a sacrafice then even dieing in battle. At least that is fast and you dont have time to be scared for long. two years of dieing would be to much for me to take.
While you guys are praying, maybe you could say one for "Ron".

He checked himself into the hospital on Friday, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Saturday, died Monday, and was cremated Tuesday.
Today, Wednesday, I got the email his daughter sent to everybody in Ron's address book.

He was a vet, two tours in Vietnam, and (to my knowledge) never tried to screw anybody in his entire life.

He definitely was a good friend to me...
CM

jlb300
05-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Prayers are headed up.
I am offering for all on this board.
It never hurts to have someone praying for you.

Ricochet
05-15-2008, 08:41 PM
It never hurts to have someone praying for you.
I am thankful for having anyone praying for me!

encoreman
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Lloyd you show your integrity when you pray for someone you don't exactly care for. Prayers for these and all vets will be lifted up. Not preaching to the choir but, prayer is the most powerful tool we have and probably the least used. I have seen and heard too many times that somebody with a dreaded disease was healed only by God, the doctors had done all they could. Thanks to all of you that make this forum special, by acts of brotherly love and being there for each other. Thanks also to all vets, you are my heroes. Mac

Lloyd Smale
05-16-2008, 02:38 AM
well said mac!!

whisler
05-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Prayers said.

jcwit
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
May the grace of GOD be with us all who are in need. May HE look down on us and protect & help those in sickness or pain.

Depreacher
05-17-2008, 02:44 PM
FIRST OF ALL,

It gladens my heart to see this many members realizing the power of prayer!!! Until the Saved get to Heaven we will not know just how important the power of prayer is. And all this from a bunch of gun nuts. Obviously, known to me now, as some of the finest people on the planet.
I will be on my knees praying for these men and their families within Moments. In HIS name, Preacher

PatMarlin
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
My best friend had cancer in his thymis gland, which is a direct effect from exposer to agent orange in Nam.

He beat that, but they just found a spot show up on his lung.

That war seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.. :roll:

Jon K
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
AMEN.................Well said guys, not enough can be said or not enough prayers can be said for the Power Of Prayer. All one can do is have Faith in God and Pray........the peace it can bring you is unmeasurable.

My prayers and thoughts go out to those in need and struggling with crisis and to their families.

Jon