PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 5/16

rl69
05-16-2016, 06:48 AM
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.Zephaniah 3:17 ESV (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

USMC87
05-16-2016, 06:51 AM
Amen for the verse of the day!

buckwheatpaul
05-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Amen! Another insight into our GOD!

Boaz
05-16-2016, 07:27 AM
All we have to do is lay it down and let him handle it . Good verse .

square butte
05-16-2016, 07:29 AM
rl69 - Thanks for the verse this morning - I appreciate your commitment to getting it up for us each day

Pine Baron
05-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Thanks, rl. Starting the day off right.

Preacher Jim
05-16-2016, 10:06 AM
RL thank you for the start of the day,

Blackwater
05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Thanks, RL, as usual. I don't think I'll ever understand how God can love us as much as he does. We certainly aren't very good at earning it! It seems to be simply in his essential nature. The closest I can get to understanding God's love, and the degree and depth to which He holds it, is when I consider something I've made that turned out good, even though it may have some flaws in it. It's MINE, and it taught me things I'd never have known had I not gone to the trouble of making it as I did. That's a poor way to relate what God does when He loves us, but it's as close as I know how to get. When we really think about it, God is SO much bigger than we probably have the ability to even imagnine, and that realization makes me SO humble! The haughty don't even seem to TRY to realize just what and how big God really is, but that's not my mistake. Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then if he just keeps rooting, and I guess I'm a good example of that in a lot of ways. I'm just grateful for what I CAN know of Him.