PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt in Large Flat Rate Box? Will it Fit?

psychbiker
05-15-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't have a Pro Melt but looking to buy a used one and the seller is unsure about shipping. He thinks it would be too expensive.

If the bottom plate is removed, any chance it fits in a large flat rate box? I can't imagine shipping being more than $20 anyway if it needs to go in a regular box. I can't find weight online.

12" x 12" x 5-1/2" The Priority MailŪ Large Flat Rate Box

Currently using a Lee 4/20 with PID I made. Works ok. Has the drips and thats with what I thought was clean lead.

DerekP Houston
05-15-2016, 07:44 PM
i literally just recieved mine today, it was from amazon though. If he has the original box, just take it to UPS and slap a label on it; that is how mine arrived. Even via UPS it should be decently priced.

I poured my "dirty dripping lead" in liquid form from the lee to the rcbs....no more leak. I am sold on the difference just wish it had been cheaper. Luckily right now you can get a rebate for 75 i think if you get it new, so that might be an option.

Walter Laich
05-15-2016, 08:51 PM
It is worth whatever the shipping will be. The Pro-Melt is hands and feet (fingers and toes?) above the Lee. I have both and the PM is my 'go-to' pot.
There are aftermarket lids and shelves as well as you can convert to 'pull down to pour vs. lift to pour if you so wish.

If you have the scratch (a term from my father's time) you can't go wrong with new

Walter Laich
05-15-2016, 08:55 PM
here is link to change out of pouring direction

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?279193-Converting-RCBS-Pro-Melt-to-quot-pull-down-to-open-quot-operations&highlight=pull+rcbs+pot

jsizemore
05-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Mine is roughly 7x11x11 with the bottom plate and pour mechanism removed. LFRB is 6x12x12. So no.

Mica_Hiebert
05-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Offer to pay shipping I can not see it exceeding 30 bucks

TXGunNut
05-16-2016, 10:56 PM
I shipped my old PM to RCBS in CA for less than $30. I put it in the box the new one came in and put that box in a slightly larger box for protection.

Pee Wee
05-17-2016, 05:53 AM
The answer is yes, but you need to do some disasembley

psychbiker
05-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Well after seller agreed last night he texted me he this morning he was contacted by someone and is going to sell it locally. I don't want to raise my price to high, it is an out my state craigslist deal. Almost scored it for $140 shipped too. Suppose I can say $150 and keep what's left over in shipping.

DerekP Houston
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM
that would have been a hell of a deal, too bad. Still worth saving up for one.