PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 5/15

rl69
05-15-2016, 06:34 AM
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.Ecclesiastes 11:5 ESV (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Boaz
05-15-2016, 07:15 AM
I at a time wondered about how it all worked . With more years I do not . I only enjoy what he has provided and thank him for giving all that he has . Thank you rl69 .

buckwheatpaul
05-15-2016, 07:58 AM
I at a time wondered about how it all worked . With more years I do not . I only enjoy what he has provided and thank him for giving all that he has . Thank you rl69 .

I have to agree with Boaz....just take God's work for granted....Thank You God and Jesus for what I, we, have....Amen

square butte
05-15-2016, 08:06 AM
I don't need to know why or how anymore - Just that it is God's hand

Pine Baron
05-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks, rl. The more I accept things on faith, the more wondrous things become. All glory to God.

USMC87
05-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Thank you for the verse and a great start of this Lord's day!

w5pv
05-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Thanks and Amen

Blackwater
05-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Kind'a puts us all in our rightful place, doesn't it? Thanks. Yet another reason I think humility is the strongest trait of a true, mature Christian.

And Boaz, I've been just as you describe, and I do think that has its place, but I suspect it's only supposed to be a casual thing, and far from the central theme of our lives. It's not necessary that we understand it all, just that we believe that God does, and that we trust Him completely, even when it's difficult for us to do that. Those are the times in which we grow the most, I think.

I do believe we need to know how things work to at least whatever degree we CAN know these things, so that we can deal with the excuses the non-believers constantly throw at us. When we let the non-believers hold the podium, and we remain silent, what else can result but evil? So it DOES have its place, but only with respect to the non-believers, and sometimes, simply for our edification and for the strengthening of our own faith. Only really STRONG faith can see us through the times we're living in, but I suspect it's always been that way in every previous time we know of. Just my view, of course, but for now, that's just how I see it all. It helps me keep a proper perspective from which to view all the things that occur in our lives, and the lives of those we love and those who surround us.

Many of the prophets and deciples paid for their faith with their lives, and in excrutiating ways. We're lucky, and often don't realize it so very often! But life has a way of thrusting us into situations and times when our faith is all we have, really, if we but hold onto it like we're supposed to, and have been so poignantly advised to. Joy comes truly, only to those who believe, and who've known what it is to have sorrow and trials. Sorrow and trials are like knives, that dig deep into a wooden cup, so that it can hold more when it's filled. I don't think that's an accident of nature.

Thanks, RL. You really know how to choose these verses of the day. And it matters.