PDA

View Full Version : a quick question S&W 659 mags

leebuilder
05-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Hi every one. Will be owning a S&W 659 soon, soon as I get the paper work in hand.
Been looking for info on spare mags, lots of confusion so far and dealers willing to dump any shiny mag my way.
What mags are compatible with the 659?
I assume 59 mags are. They don't have to be SS just fit and work.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance
Be well

slughammer
05-14-2016, 11:34 PM
I would look for Mec-Gar magazines, they are OEM for several manufacturers. I have them for 3 different handguns and one rifle; never a problem. For the 59 series they make a 10,15,17 and 20 rounders. I don't have a 59, but I have a Marlin Camp 9 and it takes the same magazine; so I have six of the 20 rounders. I bought mine from www.gregcotellc.com (http://www.gregcotellc.com)

leebuilder
05-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the reply!!!
I found some info too, except for the base they are compatable. Up here our handgun mags must be governed too 10 rounds, and the 659 is a prohibited weapon here too so the market is very limited. I found the mint 659 localy for dirt cheap and plan to use it in 2 gun matches this year and i need the spare mags. I have seen Mec-Gar mags for sale in the city.
Thanks again for the reply a big help and glad to connect with one with his finger on the trigger.
Be well