PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 5/14

rl69
05-14-2016, 06:34 AM
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.Psalm 139:13-14 ESV (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

buckwheatpaul
05-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Amen...

square butte
05-14-2016, 07:09 AM
...and Amen. Appreciate the verse this morning

Pine Baron
05-14-2016, 08:12 AM
Thanks, rl. Amen

Blackwater
05-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Such a simple and totally valid expression of what really IS! Thanks. It's been said, and validly so, I think, that "God doesn't make junk." Many disbelievers seem to trust the other way, though, and think we're just accidents of a finite and arbitrary and uncaring Nature. But I think Shakespeare must have read that verse when he wrote, "What a wonder is man ..... " Anyone who can't or chooses not to see the simple wonder of Creation, is making an objective decision, with the decision being to simply bat away great Truth in it all. There are many, many lessons to be learned from our creation, and its account, IF we'll but let them sink in .... and simply give them a chance by reading about them, and then doing a little simple critical thinking. Most folks today seem to be into willful thinking, though, so even that seems to have become a lot to ask of them. Their decision, of course.

I'm an old Scot, and it seems to be in my blood to be "thrifty," and to hate waste and destruction. But there's so much of it all around us today, that it's hard to watch. Insisting on disbelief, and never giving belief a simple real chance is the greatest waste of all, I think, and it's hard to watch. But then, nobody said life was supposed to be easy, did they? Making sense of all that is is a lifetime job, and some just abandon the effort, and lay beside the road, and are lost as a result. I know it's their decision, but it's awfully hard to watch it and not at least try to get them to simply open up to belief, but it's still awfully hard to watch. I guess that's the downside to real belief?