PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my son

Blackwater
05-12-2016, 11:01 PM
For quite a few years now, my son has been having problems with pains in his stomach. He's been to every hospital from Emory in Atlanta to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, and has not found a good diagnosis yet. He's rather disheartened, and it surely keeps him from doing a lot of things he'd do without the pain and the fatigue it generates. I am confident that somewhere, someone can give him an accurate diagnosis, and find some help. I also know Christ can cure him simply by willing it be done. He feels bad often because he doesn't always have the energy to take his boys fishing, etc. like they love to do, and he loves to do with them. It doesn't matter to me how he's cured, whether it's through the docs and the Lord's blessings, or just the Lord's blessing alone. I just pray for his healing. This has been going on for about 10 years now, and he's spent a lot of money trying things, but nothing has worked very well at all so far.

So, I'm appealing to you fine men to intercede on his behalf. He's a great guy, and I'm SO proud of him and his whole family. He's the only son I have and ever will have, so that makes it even more dear to me. Thank you for any prayers you'll render on this good man's behalf.

Butchman205
05-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Done. Prayers up.

trails4u
05-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Prayers sent, my friend!

garym1a2
05-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Prayers sent

Hickok
05-13-2016, 07:43 AM
Heavenly Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel, we lift You up and exalt you in praise, honor and glory. Look upon this son with favor, grace and mercy, as we turn to You in one accord for a healing in his life. You Father are the great healer, and in You we put our trust and faith, that all may glorify Your Holy name. Now, until the soon return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ we pray in His righteous name, amen!

RogerDat
05-13-2016, 07:47 AM
Thy will be done, may that will be a blessing upon your house.

Preacher Jim
05-13-2016, 07:47 AM
Father in heaven you are the source of all healing we stand together asking you to heal blackwater son
Amen

Bo1
05-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Prayers sent in the name of Jesus

MrWolf
05-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Prayers sent they figure it out and fix it soon.

Pine Baron
05-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Heavenly Father, please bring healing, relief and comfort to blackwater's son. In Jesus name Amen.
Blackwater, Celiac's disease?

Teddy (punchie)
05-13-2016, 10:26 AM
HI Blackwater Praying for you all. What are the other symptoms he has?

edler7
05-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Prayers that your son finds help and recovery.

buckwheatpaul
05-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Father, As I walk with You today, I am praying that You send Blackwater's son to the right doctor to properly diagnose his illness. Please give that physician the wisdom to be able to then treat him. Please comfort and take all fear and concerns from Blackwater's son, Blackwater, and their family. Father, all is possible through You and I know that we ask for a lot of healing in our prayers to You; but we turn to You to give You all the praise and glory. In Your Name I pray. Amen

Blackwater
05-13-2016, 04:13 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. I sincerely appreciate your prayers.

As to Celiac's disease, he's explored that and tried to treat it that way, but with no results. Other symptoms are lethargy, varying in degree over time. He's tried all sorts of diets, had his gall bladder removed, and explored at least a dozen possible diagnoses, all with no results. He's also investigated a very rare disease that occurs rarely in people of Scots descent, and that led nowhere.

I think the biggest thing he's up against, so far as the medical treatment goes, is the simple fact that with modern medicine, if you have something really rare or that they're not trained to treat commonly, they can't afford to let you occupy as much of their mental efforts as a real diagnosis may require. Even docs have limited knowledge, experience and abilities, and they keep schedules that most of us would find extremely gruelling. It's no picnic being a doctor, and today, most folks come to them thinking they're in some sort of express lane or at Wal Mart or Burger King where you can "have it your way." They aren't magicians and can't wave a magic wand and bring about a healing just because we want and need one. They have to work at it and figure it all out, and decide the best path of action for treatment/cure.

My son has a business that doesn't demand too much in the way or pressure, but he has to keep steadily busy, and it gets pretty gruelling sometimes. The boys help him a lot, which is good for both them and him. It's just a really heavy burden, and not knowing really how serious it might be or how it might impact his future and future health is also a big concern. He's a good son and Dad and husband and he just feels a need to try to be the best in all those things he can be. And he needs to shed this "whatever" to do the things he really wants to do for them.

Again, thank you for your prayers. I know you guys stand in good with God, and I know your words and prayers get much higher than the ceiling when you pray. I cannot thank you enough, but please know it's really appreciated.

USMC87
05-13-2016, 09:26 PM
Heavenly Father we come before You bringing Blackwater's son, Father you know the pain and suffering he has been through and we know You ate able to heal because you are the Great Physician who raised Lazarus from the dead, Healed the leapers the sick and those who are sin sick. We ask that You will provide some relief and that a cure or treatment will soon be arriving. Thank You Father for hearing our prayers and answering them according to Your will and purpose, We ask these things in Jesus name, Amen!

jcren
05-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Prayers sent

yancey
05-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Brother, Prayers sent !

Blackwater
05-14-2016, 12:43 PM
I have to confess, you guys bring a tear to my eye. Thanks. This is my only son and the only one I'll ever have, so it means a great deal to me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. This has been a very long standing problem for him now, and I just KNOW there's some way out for him. Thank you. What you're doing matters.

spotsboss
05-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Blackwater, one thing your son has going for him is a great Dad. We can begin our prayers with thanks for that.

Der Gebirgsjager
05-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Done.

Blackwater
05-14-2016, 02:05 PM
I don't know about that, Spotsboss, but I always tried. I've known people who came from unthinkably bad childhoods who turned out to be just plain golden in their adult lives, so it's not always the Dads or Moms. Some just turn out good in spite of us. But I always tried, and I gave him my TIME when he was growing up. I wouldn't do all the schmoozing and "networking" that was so popularized then, so I missed some opportunities, I guess. But he came up right. Whether it's due to me or his own motivations we can't know, but I'm certainly very proud of him. All I've ever really wanted of him was that he be a good man, who made good choices in this world, found a really great woman and some great kids, and he's done all of those, and VERY well, to boot. I couldn't be prouder of him. Early on in middle and high school, he gravitated toward a really good group of other kids, and they've been his life long friends. He's acquired new ones to boot, and for him, friendship is more than just a word, it's a duty. His principles are as solid as granite rock.

Nothing could be more humbling and make a man more thankful than this - to have a son like him, and a family like his. It's the most humbling thing I know. And to see him fighting a ghost he can't identify or see, really pulls on a man's heartstrings. Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart. I know there's something that can be done. It's finding it that's so frustrating for him and concerning for me. You guys are the greatest. You truly are.

w5pv
05-14-2016, 02:20 PM
God if it be your will send your blessings to Blackwater's son and heal him of his affliction's in Jesus name we pray Amen

big bore 99
05-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Prayers sent.

rl69
05-14-2016, 06:59 PM
He is in our prayers

Hogtamer
05-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Prayers for son and daddy, too.

skeettx
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Yes, prayers sent, may God bless your son with healing,
Mike

johniv
05-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Praying for your son , sir.
John

Boaz
05-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Lord allow and help Blackwaters son to be diagnosed and treated to relieve his medical problem . Help his doctors , be with them to help him . Stay with his family and guide them all . Please use your power to heal . I ask in Jesus name . Amen

square butte
05-15-2016, 08:15 AM
Prayer sent up this morning and Amen to all these good men's prayers