PDA

View Full Version : Light hammer and trigger locking Taurus m 327 federal mag

edadmartin
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
My m327 In double action has a trigger locking problem.pulling the trigger yields one of two things,either the hammer comes down and lightly hits primer,but does not fire,or the trigger locks before hitting the primer, and I can't fire in DA at all
i can shoot all day in single action,and even the lightly dimpled primers will shoot fine in SA. Anyone know what's going wrong?

John 242
05-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Might be slipping off the DA sear before going far enough to the rear. If you can get the side plate off, pull the trigger and watch what's going on. The tail of the trigger should lift up on the sear until the hammer is nearly all the way to the rear. The trigger [should] slip off and the hammer falls.

John 242
05-13-2016, 11:32 AM
If it's a new gun, have you called Taurus?

kir_kenix
05-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Send it back to Taurus. I've sent several guns back to them. They are slow, but they usually return it with goodies, same as Glock or Sig (got multiple 24/7 magazines for free). Brother sent in a blued 4" 66 for a timing issue...came back with a new barrel and cylinder for some reason. They seem to do pretty decent warranty work.