PDA

View Full Version : Boise, ID

Echo
05-11-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm going to be in Boise for a week, starting May 15. My friend will be attending a workshop, and I will be at large. I see there is a Air Museum nearby, but would like to meet with some casters for lunch/whatever. Anyone out there?
Ed, AKA

MT Gianni
05-11-2016, 08:12 PM
IIRC the Cabelas has an Elmer Keith Museum. I have never been there but plan on it sometime.

obssd1958
05-11-2016, 09:17 PM
The Elmer museum was closed, and the ephemera returned to the family - then sold off, if I recall correctly.
We have a gathering of the local "Boolit" members, every Thursday at 10 AM in the local Barnes and Noble bookstore/Starbucks coffee shop. Of course, it is not all inclusive of the members in this area, but there is a core group that are there consistently!! (between 4 and 6 of us)
PM me and I'll give you an address!

The Air Museum is in Nampa (less than 20 miles from Boise). Here is the link to their website, and info on location, hours, admission, etc...
https://warhawkairmuseum.org/

The real sights to see will need a vehicle, and a sense of adventure! Our mountains/foothills are less than 30 minutes from downtown, and there are some wonderful views available from the ridge tops!

Others will likely chime in with their favorites.

Don

runfiverun
05-11-2016, 09:35 PM
you can't see all the way across to the 'cool' side of the state from there though.
:kidding:

onceabull
05-12-2016, 05:19 PM
The "cool" side of the state truly has a lot going for it..BUT, they cannot grow bananas there, and furthermore, it's far ,far, away,from the great State of ADA.!!

runfiverun
05-13-2016, 12:23 AM
there definitely ain't no Banana's growing over here.
we still got snow in the shady spots, and had a hard frost last night.

Echo
05-13-2016, 10:50 AM
I'll be at Starbuck's Thursday @1000 hours...

rockshooter
05-15-2016, 12:18 AM
Just look for a bunch of scroungy old reprobates near the cashiers area at the starbucks inside the Barnes and Noble- I'll arrive late so as not to confuse you.
Loren

shdwlkr
05-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Well it has been a long time since someone called me scroungy old reprobate, but the funny thing is as time goes forward I do resemble that a lot more, yea I am one of the regulars at the thursday meetings. One of the few times I get to spend time with those of my age and talk about what is interesting to us that moment in time. Hope to see you thursday