PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Eezox?

10-x
05-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Any you guys use Eezox cleaner/rust preventative?
Their add makes it sound like its the next best thing to sliced bread.[smilie=1:

nicholst55
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I just recently started using it, but it hasn't been long enough to have formed an opinion yet. I started due to the results of a couple of informal tests done by members of other boards where Eezox far surpassed anything else in rust prevention.

John Boy
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
10-x: I'm on my 2nd quart of Eezox and feel that it is the best cleaner - lube - rust preventive that I have used ... and I've tried them all.

I'm a BPCR shooter and clean my rifles religiously. First time I used it, the first patch was black on what I believed was a clean bore

Plus, letting the product soak in the bore for 10 minutes or so ... any lead lifts right out with a tight patch

Here's a test that I am doing ... http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98738&hl=eezox
As of today, there is still no rust on the steel wool ... Honest Indian!

And it is non-petroleum

Downside: Wear nitrile gloves when using it and watch the vapors. Here's the MSDS sheet on it ... http://www.eezox.info/msds.html

10-x
05-19-2008, 07:49 AM
John Boy,
Thanks for the info, especially the MSDS.
Whats the best place to buy Eezox? $35.00 +$12.00 shipping a qt online seems high.......but you get what you pay for.(most of the time)
Friend in our gun collectors club swears by it, says he has a piece of clean steel treated with it sitting outside(Florida) for a few months........no rust .:drinks:/

uncowboy
05-24-2008, 12:03 AM
It works but I can't see the expence beeing worth it. J.Michael

05-24-2008, 09:40 AM
10x,
Have used it. Love it. There seems to be two top shelf rust preventer types out there. Eezox and Corrosion-X. Of all the claims you will get here, you just have to try them yourself. Both superior products.

Morgan Astorbilt
05-24-2008, 09:21 PM
10X, I just ordered a quart of Eezox at Midsouth for $25.49. This is a special price during their Memorial Day sale, which lasts all weekend. I would imagine all on line customers got their e-mail ad.
Morgan