PDA

View Full Version : Lost an Old Friend the Other Day

Ken in Iowa
05-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Tim and I met in high school. We shared a tenacious, perfectionist nature that made us relate to each other. Life took us down different paths, but we remained distant good friends.

In our younger, wilder days, Tim and I were beer drinking, pool shooting, fishing, hunting, and just plain close buddies.

I left the wild times behind but we kept in touch. Tim was in his last days at the same hospital at the same time I was there. I visited him two days before he passed. I stroked his head and said good bye.

nagantguy
05-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Losing friends hurtz, the only thing worse is never having them. As long as you remember him he will never be gone.

MrWolf
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Sorry for your loss. Good friends are hard to come by.

NavyVet1959
05-09-2016, 10:47 AM
I've noticed that I've gone to a lot more funerals in the last few years than I had in the preceding 50+ years. I guess eventually, it'll be my turn and I won't have to go to other people's funerals anymore. :(

Oh well... As long as I have a chance to piss on graves of all my enemies (Klinton, O'Bozo, Teddy Kennedy, etc) first, I'll be happy.

Preacher Jim
05-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Ken I have lost a lot of old friends and i miss them all. my condolenses to you friends are the family we choose. good thing we have the folks on this forum to stand with us.

Hardcast416taylor
05-09-2016, 08:41 PM
After I came home from a good friends services from my high school years I remarked to my Frau at dinner. "If I keep losing friends the way things are going now I won`t have anybody that knew me left for a pall bearer when I finally go"! It was then that she reminded me of the old saying about the good dying young and the bad guys living forever.Robert

fatelk
05-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Sorry for your loss. It really hurts to lose a good friend.

i just got back yesterday from a funeral for a very good friend. There were over 500 people crammed into that little country church. I feel exhausted, emotionally drained.

Pine Baron
05-10-2016, 01:35 PM
So sorry for your loss, Ken. Remembering the good times can be a comfort and a reminder of the blessing of having such a close friend.