PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with the Lee TL314-90-SWC

Crosshair
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I am pulling my hair out over my Lee TL314-90-SWC mold. I keeps dropping boolits at ~.316" instead of .314. They won't fit in my Ruger 32 H&R without sizing to .312" and then the lube grooves are almost non-existent.

I'm thinking that I should just size the whole batch, tumble lube them again and just see how well they shoot. I'm kinda pissed about having to lube them a second time since the reason I bought this mold is so I wouldn't have to perform the messy job of lubing twice, but I'll get over it.

Anyone else had trouble with this boolit? I'm thinking about getting the Lyman 311252 for my 32 H&R needs if the Lee doesn't shoot good when I try it.

/Just need to vent.

Larry Gibson
05-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I got a 6 holer and they drop right at .314 with WW + 2-3% Tin or range pickup lead (pretty soft). I haven't tried any harder alloy. Also I size them down to .311 and still have plenty of lube groove left. However I lube them before sizing and the lube keeps the grooves from being swiped away. My Ruger's throats are .312 but .314s load in it alright. I'm using Starline cases. What alloy are you using?

Larry Gibson

Crosshair
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm using straight WW and I am tumble lubing them before I size them. I just have to size them down so much that the lube grooves, get really small.