PDA

View Full Version : Dunbar press

fast ronnie
05-05-2016, 01:19 PM
I stopped at a garage sale Saturday and bought a Dunbar two station press. It appears to have used the same type of adapter that CH used in their press to hold the shell holder. Just wondered if anyone could tell me if this is the case. It appears to be a fairly heavy press, but is missing those parts. I had never heard of that brand before, but looks to be pretty good quality. I have other presses. but the price was REALLY right. I would like to put this thing together and use it. It is also missing the handle, but five minutes on the lathe will take care of that. I f anyone has any ideas?

M-Tecs
05-05-2016, 01:25 PM
http://www.doering.cc/dunbar.html

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2011/09/dunbar-press.html

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?31622-Dunbar-H-press-info

fast ronnie
05-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I guess my next question would be if anyone would have any of these shell holder adapters from either a Herters or a CH press?

gwpercle
05-05-2016, 03:34 PM
heck with CH4D for shellholder adapters. They fixed me up when I was restoring a Eagle Cobra press and a Lyman All American Turret , neither of these had regular snap in shellholders and they got both up and running with adapters and clips .

Gary

Kevin Rohrer
05-05-2016, 07:33 PM
A search here would have answered your questions.

You can get real H-type shell-holders on Ebay. You can get the universal ones from Ebay, CH4D, and most shooting supply web sites.

salpal48
05-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Ron
Any adaptor made for CH (H) press or hollywood will work. . Any Hollywoods will work . . Very strong press. . The press will perform better with Originals. > if you have The prime post will work with either originals.
. Short version of the Hollywood primer post again so older Ch will also work.

Hamish
05-05-2016, 08:29 PM
fast ronnie,

(ahem) When you don't post pics, it makes us feel unloved,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, did I say NICE SCORE!

fast ronnie
05-05-2016, 11:54 PM
My wife took a picture of the press and before I could get it posted, someone else posted a picture. I'm going to try it again, but jpg was too big.

fast ronnie,

(ahem) When you don't post pics, it makes us feel unloved,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, did I say NICE SCORE!

fast ronnie
05-06-2016, 12:18 AM
I hope this works this time.

fast ronnie
05-06-2016, 12:35 AM
I found the chd4 site and found the parts schematic for the H press. Guess I'll call them tomorrow. This looks like too nice a press to let sit unused. Some lite rust in spots, but a little scotch-brite will take care of that.

M-Tecs
05-06-2016, 12:43 AM
If you can't get the parts and you want to sell or trade I am interested.

Kevin Rohrer
05-06-2016, 06:24 AM
I need to free-up bench-space for the Super Turret, so will be posting both my Dunbars for sale this weekend in the For Sale Area. Will also be selling a Lyman A-A I restored, and have lots of misc dies and Hollywood H-type shell-holders.

fast ronnie
05-06-2016, 12:18 PM
I called CH this morning and they are sending me a couple of the adapters. The price was very reasonable. I checked on ebay and there were a couple for sale but they were listed for $40 each. I purchased brand new for 1/3 that. They were very helpful.

Ron