PDA

View Full Version : Praise God

rl69
04-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Praise God,praise Go, praise God, say it loud say it often.

I worked in beaumont today 1-1/2 hour drive give or take I rode home with one of the bosses a big mean son of a gun 6-4 260 LB rough as a old dirt road.

He he ask me our preachers name and that was the crack that broke the dam.I told him how going to church as a young kid kept me from going to jail or winding up dead on side of the road. hoping that would spur him into taking his kids to church. But too my surprise he cut loose on with his testimony for a solid 30 minuets he went on on how the lord took him to his knees. We talked the rest of the way about going to church. God is good .

Boaz
04-28-2016, 08:55 PM
It can happen when you least expect it . You are correct ............................GOD is good !

retread
04-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Your story put a smile on my face and warmed my heart. Thanks, and yes God is good!

Preacher Jim
04-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Looks are surprising. Never take for granted if a person is or isn't. RL the Spirit knew you needed a boost.

rl69
04-28-2016, 09:25 PM
That's a big ten four Jim it give me a big boost . I knew he believed .I had seen him at the arena a few times.its his testimony that blew me away.I told him more people needed too hear it.

claude
04-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Nice testimony.

1Sa_16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Pine Baron
04-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Nice testimony.

1Sa_16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
Amen, claude, Amen.

Blackwater
04-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Appearances are often deceiving. It's amazing how we ASSUME what people are like just on the basis of their looks. And some people who are serious on the job, can be real teddy bears away from it. It's a matter of focus, I think, both theirs and ours. At work, they can be focused on the job more than the rest, and if they have a lot of drive, that can make them seem "mean" and "uncaring," when in reality, they're just trying to get the job done and do it as economically and without injury as possible. Some on the job try to appear nicer, smarter, more knowledgeable than they really are, and those kind scare me, because in focusing of how they're coming across, they often forget safety or functional considerations.

God made some of us funny-looking I think, just to teach us to look below the surface. Many of the happiest couples I know in their old age, did this, and married on that basis, instead of looks. I think they've proven very well just how much it matters what's on the inside, and how little it often matters what the outside appears like. Yet another lesson, I think, not to make assumptions.

USMC87
04-29-2016, 06:59 PM
I have been in your shoes before and GOD always gives us what we need to say.

buckwheatpaul
04-29-2016, 09:37 PM
rl69 great job on ministering.....a great testimony and I for one am proud of your boss and you.....Paul