PDA

View Full Version : now accuracy?

Lloyd Smale
04-28-2016, 11:50 AM
I haven't shot any of the 501s. that will be probably next weeks project but I did shoot a bunch of 9mms yesterday out of my ar15. What I shot was 4 different bullets both coated and lubesized. All were cast out of an alloy slightly softer then #2 and all were water dropped. the lubesized ones out of the mold and the coated out of the oven. All 4 were around 120 grain so they got the exact same load. Same primer, same seating dept. What I did first was shoot all 8 and narrowed it down to the two most accurate bullets. While testing the original 8 loads only two were more accurate coated and both of those loads didn't make the cut. Out of the final 2 bullets (4 loads) id say the conventionaly lubed bullets edged out the coated ones by about a 1/4 inch at 50 yards. Now this sure isn't scientific. Its only one gun, one primer and one powder charge. I was just wondering if anyone else put the same bullet side by side with the same load in the same gun to see if they saw any difference???

popper
04-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Let the coated age longer, I suspect that the age of both coated and lubed were different.

firefly1957
04-28-2016, 06:30 PM
I commented on another thread (lubing coated bullets) about this in 45 acp i found little difference between coated and conventionally lubed bullets, Velocities came up identical .