PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 4/28

rl69
04-28-2016, 06:45 AM
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.Philippians 2:5-8 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Preacher Jim
04-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Amen.

claude
04-28-2016, 07:50 AM
Humility has it's rewards;

2Ch 34:27-28 Because thine heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heardest his words against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have even heard thee also, saith the LORD. (28) Behold, I will gather thee to thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered to thy grave in peace, neither shall thine eyes see all the evil that I will bring upon this place, and upon the inhabitants of the same. So they brought the king word again.

Pine Baron
04-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Thank you rl69. Amen.

Blackwater
04-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Ronnie. Great verse. Quite a different attitude than what Lucifer took, isn't it? This is why I've always felt that humility is probably the most crucial factor in becoming a better Christian. It's just following the example Christ set for us. If even the Son of God was humble, how much MORE should WE be? I love your choice and presentation of these verses. Thanks. Each one really hits home.

buckwheatpaul
04-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Great post....it just humbles me to think about the agonies that Jesus suffered for me and all the rest....Paul

rl69
04-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Thank you guys for your kind words. Your posts help me dig deeper into the word

I do want to say blackwater I don't pick the verses I get them off of biblegatway.it post a verse of the day :) I wish I could clame I came up with them

Boaz
04-28-2016, 08:59 PM
You will never run out of verse , too many good ones that stand alone .