PDA

View Full Version : Asking for Prayers for health..

GoodOlBoy
04-28-2016, 06:37 AM
I know several folks are already praying for me and I appreciate it. I had a horrible visit with a very uncaring doctor on Tuesday who has changed his position after a year of care after he did my emergency cancer surgery. Initially we were told that with the radiation and other treatments the likelihood of me getting cancer again was less than 1%, and the cancer he cut out of me was "non-aggressive". Now apparently the cancer was a malignant aggressive type, and there's about a 50/50 that even after all the treatments we did I will wind up with it spreading to my lower lymph nodes, and or possible my liver or colon. When asked if there was anything we could do about the fatigue, and pain I'm still having he respond "Not my area," and walked out. $150 that I don't have, and a hour and a half drive each way (I don't drive anymore my Aunt kindly drives me) and other than being blatantly rude the man didn't say more than a couple dozen words to me, most of which were suggestions for many more costly tests.

Lord help me. I've got to get my physical health in order so that I can continue to try to get my mental health in order.

Thanks so much, God Bless.

Richard

buckwheatpaul
04-28-2016, 06:46 AM
Father, As we begin our walk with You today I would ask that You send Richard to a doctor that will guide him through the confusion that surrounds cancer. Help the doctor control his pain as well as the spread of cancer. Father, Richard is suffering and needs your guidance, protection, and grace. He needs the help that only You can do through divine intervention and with competent doctor help. Father I ask that You guide Richard to the right doctors and then guide the doctors that will treat him. AMEN

Boaz
04-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Lord be with Richard . Help him Lord . Provide a way for him to to get care and help he needs . Guide his family in the way to help him through you . Be with him and strengthen him . In Jesus name I ask . Amen

Preacher Jim
04-28-2016, 07:42 AM
Heavenly Father you are the source of all healing, you made us perfect. Sin has caused these diseases to enter the world, but Lord you are more powerful than any illness and we ask you to help Rich with the healing he needs. Father he is your child, bought by Christ and now part of your family, help him and give him the source of healing you have chosen for him. Lord we thank you for what you are going to do through Rich for his healing.
Amen

USMC87
04-28-2016, 07:56 AM
Heavenly Father we come before You bringing Richards condition for Your comfort, Guidance in treatment and a way to achieve the treatments he needs. We know that You hear our prayers and that they are answered according to Your will and purpose, We pray that we ask according to Your will and that our prayers are answered for Your honor and glory. Father we ask You to look in on Richard and motivate him to be able to cope with the disease and to fight with a faith to be healed. We ask You to be with his Aunt and give her the resources she needs to help Richard, We pray in Jesus name, Amen!

Pine Baron
04-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Dear Lord, all the above. Please add my voice. In Jesus name, Amen.

jmort
04-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Praying for you my Brother.

smoked turkey
04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
AMEN to the above responses. Father I also ask that you provide answers and wisdom to Richard during this time. Give him not only physical healing but mental and emotional healing as well. Please guide him to the doctors that will be able to deal with this latest issue. Lord we know that you are our great physician and that all things are possible through the power of your Holy Spirit. Amen.

w5pv
04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
God please hear all the above prayers for Richard and cure his illness. Amen

DLCTEX
04-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Lord comfort him with your presence and lift his spirits.

big bore 99
04-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Prayers sent.

castalott
04-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Amen to all the Good Prayers above.....Dale

Bodydoc447
04-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Prayers sent.

Blackwater
04-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Richard, let me add my prayers to those above. And this isn't nearly as uncommon a situation as many think today. My sister in law had a similar experience, and she was very ill-equipped to deal with it. But FWIW, the doc that was like that was WRONG, and he'd given her 6 mo. max.

She lived over 6 years, and after an initial period of wretching over the prospect of her own death, she basically just got tired of being like that, and turned it over to the Lord, and began searching daily for info on her condition and how it might be dealt with. Oh, and she changed docs, and got a really good one that time!

She truly enjoyed her last years in a way that became superior to the way she'd lived for her entire life before the diagnosis. It's no picnic, of course, but it's not an unbearable burden, and it at least gives us an opportunity to prepare for it, too. It's certain that we all will meet that day some time or another, but worrying about that gets old very quickly, and dealing with it, and being happy and thankful despite it, has proven to be the key for several people I've known.

I have two friends now who are fighting prostate cancer, and they are probably happier and more appreciative of all they have now than they've ever been before. So don't worry. Just pray for more time, and a better doc and outcome. It's amazing what the docs are doing today. Keep the faith strong, and we'll keep you in our prayers as long as you need them, and thanks for letting us know so we can simply do that for you.

Lloyd Smale
04-29-2016, 02:25 PM
If I ran a hospital or clinic id have every patient fill out a satisfaction with my doctor forum. I to have been treated like **** by doctors that think there to good or so much smarter then you that you don't deserve to be treated with respect. I think they out of fire those arrogant doctors on the spot. I would definitely be trying to contact the head of that hospital to let them know how I was treated. I will pray that your cancer is gotten under control though.

GoodOlBoy
04-30-2016, 05:05 AM
Thanks so much everybody, for both the uplifting prayers and the uplifting advice! I'm still trying to fight the fight, good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, and I know He will give me as much time as He will give me. Cancer or not, health or not. I do get disheartened, particularly when dealing with a doctor like this urologist. My oncologist is so much the opposite of this man that it isn't even funny, he and his staff have bent over backwards and gone out of their way to help me in every way they possibly could. Still praying and hoping for good news and better days.

God Bless.

Richard

rl69
04-30-2016, 07:14 AM
Prayers sent

Pine Baron
04-30-2016, 08:18 AM
GoodOLBoy,
Perhaps your Oncologist can recommend another Urologist that would be more sympathetic.
Please Lord lead GoodOLBoy to health and healing. Amen

jcren
04-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Prayers sent

Muskrat Mike
04-30-2016, 12:47 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

buckwheatpaul
04-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Richard, No one knows the time of their death....it is what we do with the time we have on this ol' earth. Walk the walk and talk the talk about God and Jesus and your walk with Him will be a great one....throw in prayers from a bunch of ol' geezers and you are good to go....

Father, Thank You for listening to all of our prayers for Richard. Comfort him and show him the way to get the treatment for his cancer. Help guide the doctors that treat him but most of all give him the grace for his service to You. Amen

edler7
04-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Prayers for the Lord to guide you to a caring, helping doctor- that he may aleviate your pain and help you along the road to recovery.

sparky45
04-30-2016, 11:41 PM
If I ran a hospital or clinic id have every patient fill out a satisfaction with my doctor forum. I to have been treated like **** by doctors that think there to good or so much smarter then you that you don't deserve to be treated with respect. I think they out of fire those arrogant doctors on the spot. I would definitely be trying to contact the head of that hospital to let them know how I was treated. I will pray that your cancer is gotten under control though.

Every Hospital I ever worked in has now instituted "Patient Satisfaction Surveys" . They actually work, as well as online facility and Physician surveys.
Look them up Lloyd, I'm certain Munising Doctors are all graded by the online surveys, and people DO use them.

Traffer
05-01-2016, 02:56 AM
Richard, I cried when I read your post. I will pray for you. Now Richard, I am a man of prayer. I too have gone through some very very dark times. Wasn't supposed to live. Had not one person on my side. I was dying and hated. I learned to pray. God was my only refuge. Richard, pray and pray and pray until there is nothing but God. Pray until you are in his presence and then stay there. Often times it is hardest to pray when we need it the most. Fight through that. Just keep praying. Beg God. Beg him until he lets you into his presence. I was doing that one time and had the feeling that someone was behind me, (in the prayer) I looked and there was Jesus, holding a great door open for me to be in the room with the Father. I learned to pray that way and did so every day for years. At one time they said I had mental illness. In 1990 my doctor said, "My profession does not accept that there is a cure for mental illness, but you and I know that you are cured. Call me if you ever need me." Never took medication again and never called him. God can change everything. Once you find his refuge, you will be filled with peace and comfort. I will pray for a complete recovery for you. God bless you.