PDA

View Full Version : prayers for my mother

Andy
04-26-2016, 12:32 AM
I posted a few weeks ago that my stepfather had passed, and I am very appreciative of the prayers given for my mom during that time.

I wanted to start a new thread asking specifically for prayer for her achieving peace through a solid reliance on God. I called her today and she said that today was the hardest day for her since he died and I feel like the next few weeks will be a vulnerable time for her. She is a Christian but I don't know how serious her relationship with God is and I would like to talk to her about that in the next few days.

I ask for your prayers for God's hand to be on my conversation with her, for clear and honest communication and for her to find peace through Jesus Christ during this difficult time.

Thank you,
Andy

exile
04-26-2016, 12:56 AM
Praying (John 6:40)

exile

Boaz
04-26-2016, 04:54 AM
Lord help Andy and his mother witness to one another to bring them even closer together and to you by sharing their faith in you . Some time it's hard finding words Lord , help them . In your name I ask it . Amen

USMC87
04-26-2016, 07:58 AM
Andy, We will be praying for this situation!

Pine Baron
04-26-2016, 08:03 AM
Lord help Andy and his mother witness to one another to bring them even closer together and to you by sharing their faith in you . Some time it's hard finding words Lord , help them . In your name I ask it . Amen
Amen.

jcren
04-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Prayers sent

jmort
04-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Praying for her and for you Brother.

w5pv
04-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
04-26-2016, 10:26 AM
praying for you both

castalott
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Sincere Prayers for a Mother's Love....Sincere Prayers for Faith, Hope, Comfort, Peace , Understanding, Mercy, Love, Wisdom, and Forgiveness... Please Lord....Bless Andy and his Mom..

Dale

Blackwater
04-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Lord, be with Andy as he tries to comfort his Mom and ensure she's part of your fold. Our mothers are the most important women in our lives, and we pray for her, that her heart is open and her ears will hear, and that Andy's love for her will magnify anything he needs to say to her. Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings, and we humbly beseech that you touch Andy's Mom in just the right way for her to know you more completely, and therein, find comfort at the loss of her husband. Amen.

Bodydoc447
04-26-2016, 04:57 PM
prayers sent.

Hickok
04-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Amen to all.

Boaz
04-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Lord, be with Andy as he tries to comfort his Mom and ensure she's part of your fold. Our mothers are the most important women in our lives, and we pray for her, that her heart is open and her ears will hear, and that Andy's love for her will magnify anything he needs to say to her. Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings, and we humbly beseech that you touch Andy's Mom in just the right way for her to know you more completely, and therein, find comfort at the loss of her husband. Amen.

Amen .

Preacher Jim
04-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Andy, remember to keep her focused on good times they had together. Get her out to a grief counseling group, most funeral directors work with a pastor who facilitates a group. Keep her active and organized so she has help dealing with grief.

William Yanda
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Lord, I thank you for Andy and his concern for his Mom. Help them both to know your love for them. I ask that you would be glorified and magnified, exalted and lifted up as others observe their situation. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Savior.

buckwheatpaul
04-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Andy, If there is a Methodist church in your area see if they have a Steven's Minister available. Women get women counselors and males get male counselors. They are trained to listen and help them with their grief. You are right about the next couple of weeks being very critical so please check this out. In Mt. Vernon, where we live a number of other denominations have gone through the Steven's Minister training so it isnt necessary that the counselor be a Methodist. A counselor only has one client at a time.....

Heavenly Father, I am asking that You intervene in the grief of Andy's mother. She is having a difficult time with the passing of her husband. Please send someone to help her deal with this great tragedy and help her over this most difficult time. AMEN

Boaz
04-26-2016, 08:50 PM
buckwheatpaul is giving some really good advice there .

Andy
05-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, I wanted to do a final follow up here and say that mom got through this last month very well and I wanted to thank you all and most importantly to publicly praise God for watching over her during this time. I know things will still be rough for her from time to time but she has gotten over the hardest part and is doing better than any of us imagined she would be.

Pine Baron
05-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the update Andy. All Glory to God. Prayers continue for healing and recovery.

buckwheatpaul
05-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Lord, Andy's mother is in a delicate situation with the loss of her husband. Reach out and support her and help her deal with her sadness and grief. Father, walk with and support her and help Andy when he speaks to his mother on Your behalf. Father, it is a difficult time and I pray that You hold Andy and his mother in the palms of Your hands. Amen

castalott
05-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Sincere Prayers of Thanks... And Prayers of Thanks for Moms everywhere.....Dale

Blackwater
05-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the followup and the great report. There's no way to lose a spouse and not have some very real empty holes left in our lives, but we're made so that we CAN take these situations and even be the better for it. I remember someone saying that a times, at least, pain is like the knife that hollows out a wooden cup, so it can hold more after the cutting. Pain can be like that in our lives, if we let it, and just hollow us out so we can hold more. It's not something we would regularly choose, because we're averse to pain, but if we let it, it can draw us even closer to God. And that's something God lets us experience because we need it, not because we want it. He knows SO much more than we do. Truly, even when He lets us experience pain, He always has helping us grow in mind. God bless your Mom and you, and help you to deal with the absence of your Dad. I lost mine in '91, and still miss him, but occasionally feel his gaze on me, as if to say, "OK boy, whacha' gonna' do now?" He was always good at that, and it spurred me on to deal with whatever was facing me at the time. He'll always be my great source of strength in difficult times for me.