PDA

View Full Version : 310 thread issue again

shooter93
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Now Floodgates reply got me wondering...the words don't or can't always do that to me....Anyway...I took the dies over to the young man who builds rifles for me. I have been convinced for a long time that there isn't anything Teddy can't build or fix and believe me I've come up with some very strange projects. Told him they were 30 tpi and he chucked them up in his lathe...presto...all cleaned up.
He also hooked me up with a ustom tap and Die maker near here so when I get the chance I'll see what it costs to have a few dies made to clean up the threads on damaged dies. Again...thanks guys.

beagle
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
When you check out that tap and die maker post his prices, please.

The threads on the 310 stuff and particullarily the seating screws is all over the chart and all fine thread./beagle

Thanks for the replies guys. Now Floodgates reply got me wondering...the words don't or can't always do that to me....Anyway...I took the dies over to the young man who builds rifles for me. I have been convinced for a long time that there isn't anything Teddy can't build or fix and believe me I've come up with some very strange projects. Told him they were 30 tpi and he chucked them up in his lathe...presto...all cleaned up.
He also hooked me up with a ustom tap and Die maker near here so when I get the chance I'll see what it costs to have a few dies made to clean up the threads on damaged dies. Again...thanks guys.

floodgate
05-10-2008, 11:50 PM
shooter93:

If you get a quote on a 310-size threading die, or a tap and die set, puh-leeze let me know!

Doug

ktw
05-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know what the thread size is on the die ring set screws? I don't have the means to measure them and would like to replace them with some allen head set screws if they are in an easy to find size at the local hardware store.

-ktw

Pavogrande
05-11-2008, 03:38 AM
The set screw on the nominal 5/8 lock ring is #8-32 x 1/8 long - Generally I do not use the set screws but if you do It is a good idea to put a lead shot in the hole first to prevent buggering the 5/8 thread -- my two cents -

shooter93
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I didn't forget about these guys...I've just been way to busy. I WILL get there though and find out. Then I'll need a rough idea of how many sets will sell so I can order them.