PDA

View Full Version : Clip "stuffer", what's a good brand?

Shuz
04-23-2016, 09:45 AM
I have a Taurus 709 Slim and a Kahr 9CM, and both have clips that are real hard to load because of stiff springs and my old fingers. I've heard that there are devices you can buy that make it much easier to load the clips. What's the best one out there say ye?

tazman
04-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Here is a link to a video of the HK magazine "speedloader". It is the one I use for my Beretta 92fs magazines. They make a similar version for single stack mags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mt2L8ysoZ0

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mt2L8ysoZ0)

runfiverun
04-23-2016, 10:53 AM
as I remember it these pistols used magazines.
if your trying to use a clip in them your gonna have all kinds of problems.

I'd look at the LULA

Pine Baron
04-23-2016, 11:10 AM
Shuz, take a look at ADCO super thumb, works well with my Helwan Brigadier ,my Walther CCP, and My Hi Point 995, single stack 9MM's. Arthritis is a *****. And yes, runriverrun, he means "magazine", not "clip". I think we all get that.

Boolit_Head
04-23-2016, 11:16 AM
For my Glocks I use a maglula, it works very well.

Artful
04-23-2016, 11:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqyvd3LS0

Artful
04-23-2016, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YR7XQcINys

str8wal
04-23-2016, 12:15 PM

winelover
04-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Mag-Lula.....have one for my nines which works great for both single and double stack magazines and another for my AR-10...had the early HK pistol version and didn't care for it. Too many loose parts that were required for adaptability.

Winelover

MrWolf
04-24-2016, 09:27 AM
When I first found this site I would have used clip/magazine interchangeably; I now know better :bigsmyl2:

jmort
04-24-2016, 09:38 AM
Mag-lula

Shuz
04-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Guys, please forgive the terminology. I cut my teeth on revolvers over 50 years ago, and it has only been in the last couple of years that I've even fired(or perhaps the better terminology, since no fire was seen, is shot) a semi-automatic handgun. I now own a couple of "pocket rocket" .380's and now 2/ea 9mm's and I find the devices which hold the ammo, to be extremely difficult for this old phart to load. I have found that the small semi-auto .380ACP's are much easier for concealed carry than my .44 magnum 4"bbl'd revolvers, so I ventured into the realm of the semi-auto. In my opinion,all these semi-autos are good for is concealed carry. They aren't real accurate,don't have a lot of power for even "close social work",they are hard to load, and worst thing of all, scatter brass all over the place! I often wonder if those who prefer semi-autos, be it a handgun or a rifle, try to make up for their inability to accurately place the first shot, with "firepower"?
Anyway, rant over, and thanks for the tips on brands of MAGAZINE loaders. I've never noticed any ads for these in any of the gun MAGAZINES I read!

Pine Baron
04-24-2016, 10:22 AM
I hear you Shuz, I much prefer my revolvers also. My weapon of choice is an .44 1858 Remington BPCB. Of course my reloading is done with a spare CYLINDER. [smilie=p:

Earlwb
04-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Most gun stores including the big box sporting goods stores sell the magazine loader tools.
ref http://www.maglula.com/
I like using it too. It makes one wonder how they ever did it before using one of the magazine loader tools.

W.R.Buchanan
04-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Get a Maglula. I've had them all and this is the one I kept. In fact I kept about 5 of them!

When you are loading lots of mags, like in a class, they come in pretty handy, as if you don't have one your thumbs are going to be raw after about 3 hours.

Having raw thumbs affects your shooting greatly. Not being able to physically load magazines affects it more.

Just Remember that,,, Clips are used to load magazines, and a magazine can be a fixed part of the gun, or removable. Simple as that.

Randy

rondog
04-24-2016, 03:09 PM
X100 for the Maglula!!! Can't go shooting without mine, it stays in my magazine bag.

But Hickock45 was driving me crazy, only grabbing one round at a time like that. Jeeze, grab a handful and get on with it! Be efficient for crying out loud, ya old fart......

charlie b
01-10-2017, 10:05 PM
While I think my revolvers are pretty accurate my tuned 1911 was more accurate than any of them.

My 1903 .32ACP was more accurate than my 'modern' SP101.

All depends on the gun, not the action.

Boolit_Head
01-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Mag-lula

ditto

LUCKYDAWG13
01-10-2017, 10:31 PM
ditto

As above

Lloyd Smale
01-11-2017, 08:32 AM
another fan of the maglupa if you can find one for your specific gun
For my Glocks I use a maglula, it works very well.

dragon813gt
01-11-2017, 08:58 AM
I have a bunch of Maglula's products: http://www.maglula.com

And I just checked the date of the OP. There was no need to respond :banghead:

spfd1903
01-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Keep our maglula in my wife's range bag for her Glock 23. It works flawlessly. I don't usually need it, but wished I had one after i sliced my thumb on a Makarov magazine. Loading rounds on a 25° day with no gloves. A band aid got me through to continue shooting, but the maglula is going to stay with me until Spring.

contender1
01-11-2017, 10:55 AM
The Uplula, or Mag-lula,,, is by far the best. I too have have them all. I also teach a lot of ladies to shoot, and when it comes to loading semi-auto mags,,, 99% of them have issues with stiff springs & such. When they try it w/o a loader,,, they get frustrated quickly. When I hand them the Uplula,,, they LOVE it. I have a bag full of such stuff for them to try, & hands down,, they all prefer the Uplula.

Shuz
01-11-2017, 11:53 AM
For those interested, I did buy a Maglula, and I love it!
Shuz

frkelly74
01-11-2017, 11:59 AM
guys, please forgive the terminology. I cut my teeth on revolvers over 50 years ago, and it has only been in the last couple of years that i've even fired(or perhaps the better terminology, since no fire was seen, is shot) a semi-automatic handgun. I now own a couple of "pocket rocket" .380's and now 2/ea 9mm's and i find the devices which hold the ammo, to be extremely difficult for this old phart to load. I have found that the small semi-auto .380acp's are much easier for concealed carry than my .44 magnum 4"bbl'd revolvers, so i ventured into the realm of the semi-auto. In my opinion,all these semi-autos are good for is concealed carry. They aren't real accurate,don't have a lot of power for even "close social work",they are hard to load, and worst thing of all, scatter brass all over the place! I often wonder if those who prefer semi-autos, be it a handgun or a rifle, try to make up for their inability to accurately place the first shot, with "firepower"?
Anyway, rant over, and thanks for the tips on brands of magazine loaders. I've never noticed any ads for these in any of the gun magazines i read!

now that was good!!!

Geezer in NH
01-11-2017, 05:54 PM
All my Glock's and ones I sold new in my shop came with a magazine loader that worked just fine.

I have serious arthritis and can load them fine using the factory loader.

Alstep
01-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Maglula all the way. All the rest I've had are junk by comparison.

robertbank
01-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Once upon a time a Charger was used to load rifles. Clips loaded pistols. Magazines were the places folks stored ammunition. The term worked for ships and forts. Around 1955 or so Clips began to load rifles, Magazines began to load pistols and some rifles and we all stored ammunition in ................"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Does it matter??

Take Care

Bob

dragon813gt
01-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Does it matter??

Take Care

Bob

Yes, it matters.

fatelk
01-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Doesn't matter much for some of us; for others it seems to be very, very important. I've always rather wondered why.

robertbank
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Yes, it matters.

Well if it does then accept the fact that magazines we refer to were, up until the mid 50's referred to as clips. Read Elmer Keith. He refers to magazines as clips in his books and articles. With all the issues facing every day life I would think most would have more things to worry about then someone referring to magazines as clips. Silly really, don't you think. I have heard folks refer to LE chargers as clips and that is a sacrilege if there ever was one.:-D

Take Care

Bob

W.R.Buchanan
01-13-2017, 05:27 PM
My take on this is that I know what someone is talking about using either term, however I only use the correct term for each when speaking about them myself.

Magazines were where ammunition components were stored for single loading guns until repeating arms came about. Nobody ever called the magazine tube on a levergun a "Clip." It is the place in/on a repeating arm where ammunition is stored prior to being loaded into the chamber itself, ready for firing. Its the '"On Deck Circle" so to speak.

Clips are used to load magazines.

Why this is important is because it enhances the ability of stupid or otherwise under-informed or completely uninformed people,,, to talk about things they don't understand and consequently author laws that affect us all. All while using improper terms which only shows that they know nothing about that of which they speak.

This becomes especially dangerous when they are writing laws specifically designed to disarm large portions of the population to advance a Political Agenda which is exactly the intent of the new laws passed here in California,,, which are the blueprints of laws for the rest of the Liberal Ran States to follow.

These "Loose Terms" allow broader meaning to those laws which in turn will affect more people.

Any new laws that are adopted should apply equally to both private citizens, politicians, elected officials etc. Meaning that if I can't have my choice of guns and magazines to protect myself, your body guards and your security people can't be armed either.

Bet that would change their outlook?

Everyone here needs to be aware of this and try to use proper terms when talking about this stuff. It does make a difference.

Randy