PDA

View Full Version : Nor Trac 250A

William Yanda
04-23-2016, 07:51 AM
My employer has offered:
"For sale to the highest bidder: ..... Also for sale 1980's Nor Trac model 250A Tractor"
The tractor is not running, tires are up, no battery, clock shows 720 hrs, comes with a front loader with bucket.
It appears to be a rebranded Belarus, about a 20 hp diesel, 2 wheel drive. I am tempted to make a low ball bid and attempt to get it running. The members hear seem to be a fount of info on a wide variety of subjects-anyone here got any real world experience with such a project?
Regards
Bill

rancher1913
04-23-2016, 09:07 AM
I think that is the northern tool brand, you might see if they would have parts available. diesel injectors can get expensive quick if that is shot. make sure it will roll, a locked up transmission could get expensive too. can you talk to whoever ran it and see what they say was wrong with it.

Superfly
04-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Do your self a favour and Buy something else you will be much off, Belarus IS JUNK

Mk42gunner
04-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Kind of depends on why it isn't running, and as mentioned parts availability.

Injectors may not cost too much; on the other hand injection pumps tend to be spendy, especially for off brand stuff that is hard to find.

If you can get it cheap enough it may or may not be good deal, depending on what kind of mechanic you are.

Robert

Fishman
04-24-2016, 09:51 PM
You could visit tractorbynet and do some looking around. They might even have a subforum on that brand.

With any brand of compact tractor, if you don't have the skill to repair it, you'd better have a mechanic lined up before purchase.