PDA

View Full Version : Question about dies

Tatume
04-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Hello Folks,

My CH swaging dies are made to work with a reloading press. Each die has a large button on top of the stem of the interior punch. It is necessary to use a mallet to drive the swaged bullet from the die by tapping on this stem. I would like to have an automatic ejection feature (I'm tired of tap, tap, tapping on the stem).

Is it possible to use my dies in a Sea Girt or Walnut Hill press in an auto-ejection mode? I realize my exterior punch would not work, and I would need a new punch.

I believe the button on top of the stem can be removed, if needed.

Thanks, Tom

uncle dino
04-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Tom. Bt sniper has an auto eject set up for reloading press.. It works very well.. Ch die would have to go into walnut hill or sea girt upside down. The knurling is fatter than the threads so it won't go in without being turned down. I don't know if the recess in the ram is long enough to accept the whole die. It is deep enough in my rce hydraulic to accept die with knurling turned down. But not sure about hand press. Maybe someone can measure depth of cutout in wh ram. D

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
04-22-2016, 05:20 PM
I have a WH and use reloading press dies in it all the time. With the WH you will probably need an extension made for your base punches to go into. Also, and auto eject can be made to fit the WH. No modification needed to the dies.