PDA

View Full Version : ebay

shotman
05-10-2008, 08:55 AM
early this week a member gave me a note on a 25acp mold on ebay with one day to go it is $103 i dont like ebay but in the past i have got some good deals at the prices i am seeing think a may sell again last summer i put the Lee ingot molds on there was getting 15 to 17 dollars so i sent new ones that i got for 9.95 rick

ihuntbuck
05-13-2008, 01:04 PM
i sell alot of stuff on ebay and have recently noticed how used reloading equipment sell for new price not shure why but i made some good money off of some items i picked up at an estate sale recently sold the used stuff i bought and took the money and bought new for myself.

wiljen
05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Somebody has 3 current production lee molds with a buy it now of $80. 2 are 1 cav, the other is 2 - you could buy all three from midsouth for $62. It is ridiculous.

ihuntbuck
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
yep i think people get in a big pizzing match and loose sight of what things really cost.

beanflip
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I used to sell a little on ebay too. So I asked one of the buyers that bought for me why are you willing to pay the price. They said:

1) the hassle of getting the whole family up at 3 am.... traveling... feeding the family three times and maybe a night in a hotel.

2) some of the people who use the internet to buy live 300 miles or more or away from the nearest K-mart or Wal-mart or a shopping mall.

I guess people will be people they will buy anything if the want it bad enough.

jleneave
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I used to sell a little on ebay too. So I asked one of the buyers that bought for me why are you willing to pay the price. They said:

1) the hassle of getting the whole family up at 3 am.... traveling... feeding the family three times and maybe a night in a hotel.

2) some of the people who use the internet to buy live 300 miles or more or away from the nearest K-mart or Wal-mart or a shopping mall.

I guess people will be people they will buy anything if the want it bad enough.

I understand the fact that maybe they live a long way from a store that sells what they need but don't they realize that most all buisnesses have websites these days and can ship items to them just as easy as someone from ebay and most times they will ship cheaper. Am I missing the point here??

felix
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I would like to know for sure if the items actually were sold at those prices? I wish ebay would indicate that the deal was actually consumated, and at what price which includes total shipping cost. Until then, everything presently shown on the final item page is a bunch of bunk. ... felix

hammerhead357
05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
felix I have had the same thoughts. I wonder at times if the item is not sold to a friend and money never exchanged just shown that way. I know nothing of the way e-bay works so don't know if this is possible or not. I do know that I have seen items reported sold and then relisted by the same original seller.....Wes

Scrounger
05-20-2008, 04:30 PM
The seller would still have to be paying Ebay's commission, 4% or whatever it is. As far as the seller relisting 'sold' items, that has happened to me. Every now and then the buyer just doesn't send the money.