PDA

View Full Version : Do you need another Garand or '03?

bubblehead
10-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Who Doesn't?

I just learned that CMP is taking a bunch of them to Camp Pendleton (California) Nov 5-13 to sell. Also, there are military rifle matches during that period.

Details are at; http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/WesternGames.htm

Deadline for entry and pass to get on base is Oct. 28.

David R
10-21-2005, 05:55 AM
I would love an '03, but I'm from NY.

David

bubblehead
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Dave, go to http://www.odcmp.com/ and select sales on the right side of the page.

I got one a couple of years ago and I love it AND the price was right. Also, you can get new wood and parts from other sources to spruce it up.

fiberoptik
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Pendleton was home for me for 3 years. A big base with lotsa little bases on it. Mine was Horno, or camp horny as we called it. It only had 2 women Marines, both very ugly!

Scrounger
10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Pendleton was home for me for 3 years. A big base with lotsa little bases on it. Mine was Horno, or camp horny as we called it. It only had 2 women Marines, both very ugly!

Is that what they call 'redundant'?

bubblehead
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
They have monthly high power matches that are always fun. the up-coming matches are neat because you will compete against shooters using the old work horses. I noticed that they even have a match for foreign military rifles.

It would be interesting to see if cast boolit loads could compete.

Patrick L
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
David,

What's being from NY got to do with it ? I got another M1 last spring, and an 03 the year before.

Am I missing something ?

David R
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
David,

What's being from NY got to do with it ? I got another M1 last spring, and an 03 the year before.

Am I missing something ?

Too far to drive. :)

Ken O
10-31-2005, 09:50 PM
There are Garand and Springfield matches all over, there are several in my state. The Nationals are held at Camp Perry just before the NRA Nationals, I shoot them all. The National Garand match is HUGE, there were over 1600 this year if I recall right, I dont remember how many shot the Springfield match. Also at Camp Perry, which is about half way between Cleveland and Toledo, Ohio, the CMP runs the main store for selling Garands, Springfields, Krags etc.
They have decided to have matches at Pendleten to give the west coast people a closer shoot.
The match is shot at 200 yrds, 20 shots prone, 10 shots rapid (standing to prone) 10 shots rapid (standing to sitting, but this is not shot at the Nationals and probably not at Pendelton to quicken the match) and finally 10 shots offhand.
You must use the CMP ammo supplied. For local Garand matches you can shoot your reloads.
You dont have to drive to Perry or Pendelton, the CMP fedExs the rifles, ammo etc right to your doorstep. Go to their website and get the info:
CMP (http://www.civilianmarksmanshipprogram.com/)

fatnhappy
11-01-2005, 02:52 AM
It only had 2 women Marines, both very ugly!

Aren't they all?

At least you had women

Four Fingers of Death
11-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Her name is Kathleen Robertson, she is pretty homely, but a lovely lady. She walks everywhere, marine's posture and legs that would crush a locomotive. She is in her early 60s now and has settled in Australia. She teaches english to inmates at the local jail. It could be her. She mightn'y have looked much as a young thing with the thick marine issue spectacles, but weight for age, she scrubs up ok now.
Mick.

I'm trying to get her to come shooting at the range, I've almost get her there.