PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my Brother-In-Law

OldFogey
04-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Please pray for my brother-in-law and his family. Charlie suffered a major heart attack yesterday and will require open-heart surgery to survive. However, his heart is not strong enough to survive surgery (only functioning at 10 percent). The doctors say it has to get to 36-40 percent before they can do the necessary bypasses.

He has been married to my sister for over 50 years (since I was 5 years old). He got me started in reloading when I was 12. He taught me to trap shoot and would take me every weekend to compete when I was just a kid.

Prayers for Charlie, my sister, their sons and grandchildren. Above all, may God's will be done.

Thank you,
Rick

Boaz
04-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Lord please help Rick's brother in law . Help him improve so that he can have surgery on his heart . Please speed his progress . Be with him and his family during this time . Please be with Rick as he seeks your intervention . Thank you for your help Lord . I ask in Jesus name . Amen

jcren
04-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Prayer sent.

tinhorn97062
04-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Praying for ya'll, Rick.

Blackwater
04-18-2016, 01:57 PM
Prayers up for Charlie and family, including you, Rick. May it work out as you all want it to.

USMC87
04-18-2016, 08:31 PM
Heavenly Father we come before to You and ask You to guard Charlie and to give him the will and strength to get back to his normal self. We ask You to look in on his family and give them comfort in this time of trial, We ask You to be with those who care and treat him to be kind caring and uplifting to him. Father we are weak and needy in these frail fleshly bodies and we always need you every second of our lives, We love You because You first loved us and we know you are here with us guiding us through the days You have prepared. We ask You to be with this family and that You will receive all honor and glory in all things, In Jesus name, Amen!

buckwheatpaul
04-18-2016, 08:47 PM
Heavenly Father, I come to You to ask for healing and comfort for Charlie. You know his situation and You know what prayers can do. I pray that You allow the physicians and medical team to bring Charlies heart output to the level necessary to do his surgery. Father, I ask that You remove all fear from Charlie, his family and his friends. Please hear my prayer for healing and comfort. Amen

Boaz
04-19-2016, 04:01 AM
Be with Rick's brother in law as you strengthen him for his surgery . Be with the family as they endure the trial with him to gather and provide encouragement to him and each other . Thank you for help Lord . In Jesus name I ask . Amen

Preacher Jim
04-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Lord you made that heart and you can strenthen or heal it and we are praying for your touch to help Charlie through this time. Father you are the only source of help available to Charlie and we know your power. He needs you right now Lord. thank you for hearing our prayers.
Amen

Muskrat Mike
04-19-2016, 09:34 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with him and you and your families.

w5pv
04-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Prayers sent

Pine Baron
04-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Praying for Charlie and family, and Rick also. Indeed. God's will be done. All Glory in His name. Amen.

OldFogey
04-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Update: They flew Charlie to St. Louis last night. His heart function had increased a little, but now has worsened. His wife (my sister) and his sons are with him. The doctors aren't very optimistic about his survival chances. But, the Lord is in control and we all know that. I am praying that his suffering will end soon, either by a medical recovery or by his being with the Lord, our Father. I am and will always be thankful for the memories Charlie and I made together through over 50 years.

The family thanks all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They mean so much at this difficult time.

Rick

Preacher Jim
04-20-2016, 01:20 PM
rick which hospital is he at

OldFogey
04-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Preacher Jim,

He is at Barnes. He arrived there overnight.

Boaz
04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Rick I'm still praying .

OldFogey
04-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Thank you all for your prayers.

I just received word that they are going to try a "new" stint procedure this evening. Not a "fix" and they said it was very risky in his case, but they are hoping it will allow his heart to improve its function, then re-evaluate later as to how to proceed or if there is anything else they can do for him.

Blackwater
04-20-2016, 05:57 PM
Prayers up here.

Hickok
04-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Praying for the entire family.

Boaz
04-20-2016, 09:24 PM
I really hope he is able to pull out of this . It is in GOD's hands , still praying .

WRideout
04-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Praying for Charlie and his family.

Wayne

buckwheatpaul
04-21-2016, 07:40 AM
Father, I am asking for You to allow the new stint procedure to work on Charlie. I know that he is worried not only about himself but his family as well. Please comfort them and take the worry away. Allow the doctors to do their job for Your glory. All is possible through You and I am asking that guide the doctors and medical team through the surgery and recovery. Amen

Boaz
04-21-2016, 07:59 AM
Father, I am asking for You to allow the new stint procedure to work on Charlie. I know that he is worried not only about himself but his family as well. Please comfort them and take the worry away. Allow the doctors to do their job for Your glory. All is possible through You and I am asking that guide the doctors and medical team through the surgery and recovery. Amen

Amen . Thank you Paul .

Pine Baron
04-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Amen.

OldFogey
04-21-2016, 12:30 PM
They did the procedure last night. We found out that there is only one surgeon in the state that is qualified to do the procedure. He met with the family and told them that, in his condition, there was a very high possibility that he would not survive the procedure, but there was zero chance he would survive without it. He further said that based on the test results, he was "amazed" that Charlie hadn't already passed away.

By God's Grace, Charlie made it! If he does well in the recovery, he will be in the hospital for 2 - 4 more weeks.

His wife (my sister) and their sons wanted me to again thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

Boaz
04-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Lord help Charlie . Give your guidance to his treatment and the strength to endure till he is improved . Be with him , comfort him and his family . In your name I ask . Amen

Blackwater
04-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, OF. This is another of those cases where it's not a case for one-and-done prayer. We'll keep him in our prayers for as long as it takes. May God bless him and the family and friends, and may He reach down his mighty healing hand and return him to much better health. In the name of Christ, my master, my friend and my everything, I pray it. Amen.

buckwheatpaul
04-21-2016, 10:11 PM
They did the procedure last night. We found out that there is only one surgeon in the state that is qualified to do the procedure. He met with the family and told them that, in his condition, there was a very high possibility that he would not survive the procedure, but there was zero chance he would survive without it. He further said that based on the test results, he was "amazed" that Charlie hadn't already passed away.

By God's Grace, Charlie made it! If he does well in the recovery, he will be in the hospital for 2 - 4 more weeks.

His wife (my sister) and their sons wanted me to again thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the update....now to some serious prayer for Charlie....God smiled on him and now our job is to pray him back to good health!

Father, Thank You for guiding the physician that did the successful surgery on Charlie. It is by Your grace that he survived. So I am now going to ask that You guide the nurses and medical team that are attending to Charlie's healing. Guide them to minimize his pain and concerns. Guide Charlie to good health and return him to his family and friends. Thank You Father for Your Love and Healing. AMEN

Boaz
04-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Lord please speed Charlie's progress and help him gain strength . Stay with him and his family . Give guidance to all as to how to provide help for him in their own way . Thank you Lord . Amen

Pine Baron
04-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Continued prayer. Amen

OldFogey
04-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Our Lord is gracious!!! We were told that Charlie would be in the hospital for 2-4 more weeks.............He has just been released from the hospital!

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain O
04-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Dear God: My Charlie and his family feel your grace and love. If it is your will, let him live to serve you. If not, take him into your presence with joy and singing, so that he may live with you forever.

In Jesus' holy name we pray, amen.

Boaz
04-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Our Lord is gracious!!! We were told that Charlie would be in the hospital for 2-4 more weeks.............He has just been released from the hospital!

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE GOD ! Thank you for the good news ! Could you elaborate more on his condition ? Thank you for the uplifting report .

shoot-n-lead
04-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Prayer sent.

Preacher Jim
04-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Have all the fellows around here praying for Charlie and all of you. God brought Charlie to the best hospital in the country for his problem.

OldFogey
04-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Boaz, When he went into the hospital, he was suffering from a major heart attack and congestive heart failure. Of the two main arteries in his heart, one was blocked 100% and the other was blocked 99%. His heart was functioning at less than 10%. Open heart surgery was not an option because of the weak condition of his heart. In short, there was nothing the hospital here could do for him, other than control his pain. We were told that there was only one surgeon in the state who was qualified to do a "new" type of stint procedure which might help. That surgeon was at Barnes in St. Louis.

Charlie was flown to Barnes on Tuesday night. After several tests, the surgeon said that he was willing to try this procedure, but due to the condition of Charlie's heart, the chances of success were slim. The procedure was done on Wednesday evening and by Thursday, Charlie was smiling, laughing and walking. By this morning, he was doing so well that the surgeon said he was doing incredibly well for a man he thought had almost no chance of surviving. Early this afternoon, the surgeon said Charlie's heart was working at 45% and he could go home. That percentage is probably as good as it will ever be, but he can have a good quality of life with that (My Dad lived for years with a heart function of 35 - 40 %.

I'm looking forward to making some more memories with Charlie. Thank You Lord.

Boaz
04-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Thank you Lord ! I am glad he will be there for you all. Praise GOD !
Thank you for the amazing report

Pine Baron
04-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Thank you OF for allowing us the opportunity to come together in prayer and faith. Thank you Lord, for the Grace and healing you brought to Charlie and his family. I am once again humbled and amazed to be a witness to the Blessings through our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen