PDA

View Full Version : Noe 311150 c.o.a.l.

04-18-2016, 06:36 AM
The actual mold is called 311414. It's a .311 diameter boolit that drops right at 150grains for my alloy. So I loaded some NOE 150grain boolits sized to .309, copper gas checked and 45/45/10 lubed just like I do with the Lee C312-155-2R boolits and headed to the range. The NOE rounds were assembled to a depth that put the crimp on the lower 1/3 of the first band making them ever so slightly longer than the Lee rounds. I didn't actually put a caliber to them. The Lee rounds always cycle well. The NOE rounds didn't cycle worth a hoot. However, shooting them single shot from my 300AAC AR, they were as accurate or better than the Lee and those shoot great! I was "ON" yesterday and was hammering the center of the target at 100yds with both rounds. So, I'm excited about both of these boolits. I just need to work on the feeding for the NOE rounds. Besides the general advice I have read here to crimp on that first band, does anyone have an actual length they found they like as a starting point. My first thought is to shorten up the round to match the Lee. I just figured the narrower NOE nose would have cleared easily at it's current length.

Wayne Smith
04-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Are you talking about chambering (nose diameter important) or cycling through the magazine (length only important)?

runfiverun
04-18-2016, 12:21 PM
your just gonna have to work with a couple of lengths and see if they will feed from the magazine.
that is the first thing I do with anything that feeds from a magazine, including my lever action rifles.
if i wanted a single shot I would have bought one.