PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Lee steel sprue plates?

Wreck-n-Crew
04-17-2016, 11:50 AM
I've seen them before and planned on buying a set but i managed to finish my sessions of casting last year without them.

Well I've been casting again to replenish supplies but my sprue plates are warping too much and leaving flashing on 2 of my 6 cavity molds. Now that i need them i cant find them....anyone know where to get them now?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

farmerjim
04-17-2016, 12:02 PM
RedRiverRick
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?265562-Lee-6-Cavity-quot-STEEL-quot-Sprue-Plates

Wreck-n-Crew
04-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Thanks. Really appreciate it!

Walter Laich
04-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Have several of his and the make all the difference in world.

fully recommend his products

P Flados
04-17-2016, 03:29 PM
I have taken mine off and flattened them by setting it on a flat surface, lay the flat surface of a lead ingot on the sprue plate and then whack the ingot with a hammer.

Wreck-n-Crew
04-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I have taken mine off and flattened them by setting it on a flat surface, lay the flat surface of a lead ingot on the sprue plate and then whack the ingot with a hammer.
Yeah I've had to straighten them too. But it ruins a casting session for me. Having to cool it down. Remove it. Straighten it or replace it and start heating it back up again. Big headache IMO.

On another note the Lee dies work well for me with the right lube. I know there are better molds to be had but i would rather get full use of what i have for the time being.

I do have plans for a few NOE HP molds for the 9mm and 10mm. Kind of exited about punching some soft lead rounds out, covering them in PC and testing them out.